Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2002, 03:53 PM   #11
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, hard to choose a favourite, but I have the sense for Jan.
He is funny, good thief, doable mage, good crossbow etc etc.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 05:07 PM   #12
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

cernds good points:
he´s the hunk of the year with natures beauty (absolutely horrible immorraly powerful spell)
as a greater werewolf he´s an adequate fighter with tons of useful resistances (always handy) and a decent number of attacks... sort of a monk wannabe.

he would be a useful character if it wasn´t for the tough competition... jaheira is almost as good a caster and fights better in her natural form than cernd does in his werewolf shape, and viconia is superior in both casting and magic resistance while cernd doesn´t really have that great an advantage in terms of combat prowess.

incidentally, who thinks cernd should have been a totemic druid?
Old 01-20-2002, 05:12 PM   #13
Tormentor
Manshoon

wij do you guys keep calling it NPC's ? (non playable characters), i mean, you are able to play them right?...
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:20 PM   #14
masteraleph
Elminster

Nope, you can't really play them...meaning that they aren't your PC, or player character. You can control them, but they'll do stuff on their own (keldorn esp.)

In terms of NPCs, Korgan is very, very good. Toss some gauntlets of dex. and stuff onto him and he will be nearly unstoppable.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 08:27 PM   #15
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:
wij do you guys keep calling it NPC's ? (non playable characters), i mean, you are able to play them right?...

And the NPC's can disagree with ur desicions.... ever fought Firkraag and Jan Plain and simply wont attack him????
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:07 AM   #16
Magness
Quintesson

I am a big fan of both Jahiera and Nalia.

Regarding Nalia... I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Nalia is essentially a pure mage that minored in theiving at Mage school. The 5000 XP for her 4 levels of Theif skill is tiny compared to the XP that she'll be earning at the higher levels. Heck, 5000 XP is just one or two good battles. I always treat her as a pure Mage that happens to carry a short bow. Nalia's ability to carry a short bow is awesome. It saves her from wasting any spells against unworthy foes. And when she can get one of the Short Bow's that don't require ammo, it gets even better. (She's also the only "pure" mage of good alignment.)

Jahiera is a good 2nd or a great 3rd tank in any party. Solid priestly spell casting. Give her a girdle of hill giant strength and her stat's are totally solid. I always arm her with a solid sling, the best club or scimitar that's available at the moment, and a good shield. Add to this the druidic "Insect Plague" spell, the very best anti-mage spell in the game. She's never let me down yet.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:50 AM   #17
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:

It is actually non-player characters, in the sense that there is only one player, the antagonist.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:59 AM   #18
Iromulod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think Nalia is the better NPC althought i haven't used all the other NPC's, Bow and Arrow, has a fire resistance and minor thief abilities.

So far Nalia.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:05 AM   #19
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:

It is actually non-player characters, in the sense that there is only one player, the antagonist.

uhh.... Im gonna b picky Sry but isnt it Protagonist????

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]

Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 01:28 PM   #20
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:

uhh.... Im gonna b picky Sry but isnt it Protagonist????

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]

Yeah, I remembered that as soon as I went to bed. I really should have paid better attention in Gr.10 english.

But in my defence, it was 1:00 in morning and I was not at my best