Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-05-2001, 09:29 AM   #21
Virgil
Dungeon Master

When travelling, you will frequently encounter huge groups of enemies. The best way to avoid combat is to stay off the roads. Monsters seem to spawn on the road. When they see you, they will start moving towards you. If you see them first, you can run around them and keep going if you don't want to fight.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:07 PM   #22
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

One thing people need to realize is not all battles can be won. There are encounters that you should run away from. Personally, I love a game where every battle is not winable and you need to know when to holdem and know when to foldem, know when to walk away and no when to run.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:16 PM   #23
Horror_Byte
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maybe you are right, but I prefer NEVER to run away, its lost XP and trainig , however in that encounter I describe the battle was ment to be, I tried reloading, camping, they was stil there or worse, they came looking for me
Horror_Byte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:21 PM   #24
Dajjer
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by MaskedFrog:
One thing people need to realize is not all battles can be won. There are encounters that you should run away from. Personally, I love a game where every battle is not winable and you need to know when to holdem and know when to foldem, know when to walk away and no when to run.

that is so true.

one time, my level seven party came up against a gang of level 10 cultist. there was just no way to win that battle. Some times the spawn monsters are far in advance of where you are.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote