Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 09:59 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, we have a band we made like 3 weeks ago... we are named Sponge, although it might be Sponge Lighter since there is already a band named Sponge... damn. Anyway, we are not the best in what we do, to be perfectly blunt I suck big time in the drums (although at least i have good taste in music and am musically inclined, which says that practice is what I only need hehehe ), my fellow band mates are so-so technically too! tsktsk, but my close friend, best friend, whatever as long as we are friends, is a great, great songwriter. We in the band are also friends, and our personalities are great and the chemistry is good. He has made songs that made us all cry...

Moving on, the band was formed, and we auditioned in the Battle of the Bands of one girl school here, and we got in in the final six out of the 20+ bands who applied. This was the week we were formed by the way, and we got little practice. The following week, we just said to ourselves to enjoy, and we did, the sound system was great, they had smoke effects LOL and the lights were cool. Since our songs are love songs, they all got it and they were all cheering for us! hehehe So it was decision time, 3rd second first, I though we weren't in, but we got the gold. Wow... that was kinda surprising. We all were happy and were able to savor the victory we never expected.

Some peeps were pissed though, saying that we just sucked the judges and the girls ass to win, so we applied in the Battle of the Bands in our school, an all boys school, to prove something- that we didn't win because of the women, we won because of ourselves. So we joined, and most of our band friends were taking us as a winner. Unlike in the All girls school, we only sang one song, and it was the original compo of my friend, this time we sang 3- all compos. Boy we sure got the balls... jk [img]smile.gif[/img] But then this was different. While we did play and all that, we stressed out. We had this play going on and all that, it was fair, we woke up early that time to practice for like two hours, and haven't had enough sleep too... So after we played, we headed back to the theatre hall, not waiting for the decisions. So I was the head of Front of House, believe me it is a tough job, and suddenly the bro of my friend said, we won, again. But this time we had a tie...

We have proven ourselves big time, and while a lot are on our backs, a lot are also criticizing us. So we were the victors and ironically tied with the first place, rather with the second and third Hehe.. sometimes you can really tell they just wanted someone else to tie with us so the peeps could not fire at the poor judges jk [img]smile.gif[/img] This really proves something... that skill is not important, it is your passion and great friendship that pulls you through...

Winning our schools Battle was the ultimate thing... we have taken everyone by storm... winning two consecutive Battles is not easy, and both being champs... I may sound arrogant, yeahyeah, but I just wanted to share this victory with you guys because you had a lot to do with this... to me (no! not the arrogant thing) [img]smile.gif[/img] If I were thee person before, no band might have been formed, or not as well-meshed as we are... so thanks guys...

One drawback though... we cannot join anymore battles... just think and you'll get it, and a lot of peeps may be pissed at us too.. ahh... I don't wanna think.

This is the success story of our band... heeheehee lovely isn't it?
Old 02-03-2002, 10:07 AM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Go Bahamut! Go Bahamut!
*Does funky lil battle winning cheer dance*
Old 02-03-2002, 11:54 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

thanks man! heehee [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Cool Bahamat! Congrats on everything and keep it up. I will be cherring you on all the way..

Well unless you wright any songs about The Avs,hehe.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:58 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

nono I won't be writing songs yet... when I learn how to really play a guitar... that's the time I will be writing songs.. but since my friend is still cooking up the hits, well, no need for the rest of the band to write... although there already a lot in progress... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2002, 07:00 AM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

Yey, thats great, keep it up!
When is your album out again...?

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 12:55 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hehehe well we dunno... hopefully i can get some stuff up sometime for all you guys to hear [img]smile.gif[/img]