Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-25-2001, 03:36 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: this is TheDatKatana's thread, Talthyr Malkaviel, Legalos, Liliara, Shadow and whoever want to participate the Age of Fabled Imperial West, please skip. read at your own risk

The night. Darkness is your only ally, shadow is your only comapnion. You are not a creature of the night, yet you welcome the night. It does not only offer you concealment from your preys, it also brings you a sanctuary. You are so used to the night that you no longer see the existence of your own darkness.

You walked quietly, slipping between shadows. As you made your way to the western sector of the Goriffen Dales, you silently past a group of patorians undetected. A slight smile slipped your lips. It is not a smile of pride, but a mock to the foolishness of those who do not poccess the same power you do, how puny they seem to be!

You slowed your pace as you approached the Royal ground, cautiously, you remained still in the shadows for a while sensing any divining energy. You saw no guards, but you know better. The broad streets near the Imperial palace are always closed for passengers after mid night. These area is called 'the Royal Ground.' Powerful mages constantly scan the area with divine magic or artifacts to ensure the safty of the king and his royal subjects.

This is not the case for you, for you are no simple peasent. You can take the risk. You are late for an important meeting. Someone is waiting for you in the west sector of the city. You can walk around 'the Royal Ground' but that would mean to risk angering a very powerful client.

The moon is already high, you must hurry. He is waiting.

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 03:47 AM   #2
TheDutkanator

OOC: I assume this thread was meant for me. The only reason I'm not 100% sure is because it's called TheDatKatana. I'm not a katana! My last name is Dutka, therefore, I am The 'Dutka'nator. Anyway, is there a chance of this storyline connecting/crossing paths with the others? I don't want to do this alone.

The rooftops have ever been the preferred 'streets' to travel by Kendril. Grabbing a ledge, he hoists himself up just enough for a peak. As he suspected, the guards cover more ground than just the ground. Still, having the higher ground is better than feeling his face hit the ground. He works his way quickly around the ledge until he is positioned behind the first guard. The guards gaze slips to the sky for a second. Just long enough for Kendril's blade to slip under the base of the guards helm and into his skull. He lowers the guard to the rooftop and seeks the best rout to his destination.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 10-25-2001, 03:50 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:, SORRRRRRRRRRRY!!!
defintely, man, trust the maturestest!

Old 10-25-2001, 04:11 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

As you peak your way on the roof, you felt a sergy of energy on your back. You know you had just been discovered, possibly a Palace Mage is trying to get a clear visual on you. Cursing softly, you never expected the Palace Mages to be this efficient. Looking about, you see the dead gaurd's body near your feet. No other guards are present, though they will be here in a short second once the alarm is sounded.

You looked into the valley, thinking about running off, then quickly vanished the idea. "My reputation does not allow that!" you said it to yourself forcefully. And of course, the range of divination magic is way too far for one to escape. You felt the serge of energy increasing on your back, you must react now, time is running short.

Old 10-25-2001, 04:22 AM   #5
TheDutkanator

Not taking the time to create a high quality disguise, I hastily rip the clothing from the back of the dead soldier and take whatever care is allowed in the desperate maneuver to preserve the insignias and other markings of the garments. I then throw the clothes on myself and push the dead guard off the roof to the North. I then drop off the roof to my West and proceed along the alley to get as far away from the body as possible. I still take care to stick closely to the shadows and away from other guards. I continue moving West as quickly as possible without appearing too suspicious.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 10-25-2001, 04:39 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Even your disguse is made in a haste, it is hard to tell differece in the dark. You paused in the corner of an intersection, and lisntened intently, no alarm was sounded. Apparently you had successfully tricked the diviner. Continuing working your way to the west sector, you made much an easier progress.

You passed the Royal Ground effortlessly, and approached the west bridge. The bridge was gaurded by two Crown Guards on each end. They patrol in four directions so that each one can always watch one of his commrade at all time. The bridge is well lighted.

You need to cross this bridge.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:01 AM   #7
TheDutkanator

Feeling very frustrated, Kendril curses himself for not leaving sooner. After a few short moments, he developes a plan. He goes off to a side alley only a few feet in from the streets edge. He casts an invisibility spell, then takes whatever trash he can gather and begins a fire. Leaving out the back of the alley, he circles around to the other side to watch for the guards to persue the source of the fire.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 10-25-2001, 05:32 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: I was hoping you'd proceed and talk your way out, lol, ok, my bad, should of leaving you some sugestions

The fire caught the attention of the guards. Two of them at your end of the bridge ran off to examine the source of fire. The other two guards were on alert. You walked casually, passing the two who still stood gaurding the bridge. As you walk by, they only a small wind blushing over their face. None realized how close they were to death.

You broke into a run after you past the bridge, knowing you must reach the Cherryisle Tarven, an outpost of the Nightstalkers, as soon as possible.

The west sector of the dale had been at street war for many years. You can see the broken houses along the side of the road, dark holes unfixed on the walls. Even though you know you were under the protection of your spell, you still felt the watchful eyes from the shadow preying on you.

You reached the Cherryisle, a moderate sized tub, many people were in there, shouting and drinking, and everyonce a while cursing loudly. Someone was already waiting for you. A young man about 20, you saw his pointy ears hidden under his curley brown hair, suggesting that he was a half elf. You approached the rogue and remembered the password:

"The night has grown longer than your blade"

You realized that you are still wearing the Crown Guard's outfit

Old 10-25-2001, 05:45 AM   #9
TheDutkanator

OOC: I was going to try talking to them, but I figured that no confrontation was safer.

I non-ceremonially tear the royal guard's uniform off and toss it aside. Wanting only to get back to work, alone , I say, "Shall we?" and motion to go in the door.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:

[This message has been edited by TheDutkanator (edited 10-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TheDutkanator (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 06:16 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

the half elven rogue blinked in surprise, not knowing if he should believe the-Crown-Guard-used-to-be, however, considering he had produced the password correctly, the rogue turned, and pointed to a dark valley, signaling you to proceed that way.

You entered the dark valley, and walked confidently. "Darkness is my ally" you thought with a sly smile. As you walk through, you took notice that four man were concealed behind the walls on both sides, looking through the cracks possibly aiming crossbows. You nightseeing vsison had given you great advantage. You chuckled softly as you imaged the faces of confused men who cannot detect you, however, you know that you are been magically watched. Knowing full well it is a method of caution, had you been followed, you would very possible be dead now. or, maybe not... you thought

After a short walk, you past through the valley and was greeted by a man in dark clock. He led you to an old mansion. It had the look of a haunted house, and possibly no one reside inside. You entered the mansion, and was led to a small chamber.

You looked around, the chamber had no window. The room is by all standard, that of the wealthy landlord's. A small table made of redwood, candle holders made of gold, and numerous patchcments lay scattered. A quiller pen still remained in the ink bottle. In the middle, two people were conversing quietly, one of them looked up to you, he dressed in fine robe, silky and bright. His face dry and aged, but eyes sharp. He looked at you for a moment, then turned to the other person, a beautiful woman of her 20's, he said something, then the woman gave a wonderful smile. For an instence, you almost mistook her as an innocent lass.

The man stood up, and walked out of the room, without looking at you.

The lady properly sat herself, then gave you a disarming smile

"So, dark elf. You are the one called Kendril?"

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-28-2001).]