Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-03-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Please feel free to email/post here possible plot lines/thoughts as to where this should go/how bored you are with me and to not take up 10mins of your life with boring stories/etc. Looking for feedback.

AND NOW, FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE: CHAPTER FIVE, JEROME AND GABRIEL.

________
FORD CUSTOMLINE PICTURE

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
Black Knight

Boy, can you feel the suspense building here?

BK
________
Ford motor company of new zealand specifications

Old 03-03-2001, 04:08 PM   #3
Black Knight

Chapter Five: Jerome and Gabriel.

The Black Knight and CloudBringer came down from their wing the next morning and, hand and hand went to break their fast with the Lady Wendy. They come down and see LadyWendy sitting at the table. CloudBringer notices her distress and gives here a hug and asks what is wrong. "Oh, it's Gabriel. Ever since that problem between him and Jerome that got both of them kicked out of the order . . . things have never been right between us. It all started such a long time ago . . . "

As young squires, Gabriel and Jerome were good friends. They both followed the code, fought well, and were the top people of their group. They were always competing, whether it is in wrestling, rousing evil, or sword fighting. Once they stepped out of the competitive arena, they were inseparable.

Until she came along. The Squires were in a temple, getting ready for the next round of tests. She sauntered in, her diminutive frame that seemingly filled the room with here presence. Her dark brown locks bordered her delicate face. Her laughter was ringing as they struggled to cover up. Her deep brown eyes, with the dark gold flecks, were the type of eyes that a person could lose they soul in. And when she was feeling mischievous (most of the time) they sparkled like shooting stars in the sky. Right now, it seemed that there was meteor shower. "Gentlemen, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Wendy, wandering Minstrel. I want to make a song about big, strong, and handsome warriors." Both Squires, although still embarrassed, brightened up. Wendy laughed and said, "Well, do you know any?" Both men sagged. "Oh, now, I was only kidding. I hear that you two are the best of the best, and you will someday become Knights of the Holy Order of the Flame." She whistles. "Well, I was serious about wanting to make a song about you two. Will you meet me a the Copper Coronet later." She hears a door open. "Well, boys, I will see you later." Her laughter rings again as see leaves the room. A stunned guard snaps off a salute as she walks out of the men's changing area.

The Squires hurry up and get dressed. Jerome stops and asked the Guard who that was. "Sir, that is the LadyWendy. She is the older of the two daughters of the King's Brother." He stammers, "I . . . I don't even remember her going by . . . it will never happen again."

Jerome laughs, looks at Gabriel and comments, "Well, I'm sure she used some of her Magic on you." Gabriel turns red and looks away. "Why, Gabriel, I'd say you've taken a liking to her. Can't say I'd blame you. A woman that gutsy, and easy on the eyes. And that voice . . . makes a man want to lie down everything you own at her feet just to be near her." Now it was Jerome's turn to blush. "Anyways, we better get a move on. But I do think we can find time to look into the Copper Coronet tonight, eh?" Gabriel laughs and they move on with there day.

One meeting turned into two turned into three. It became part of their every day routine. They would work out in the morning on their sword work, go to the temple of their studies, meet with their Knight Mentors for duties, and meet with the LadyWendy at the Copper Coronet for a couple of hours. She, being the Sultry Bard that she was, could sneak out of her family estate at will. She never failed to meet them, to make them laugh, and to educate them on life outside of the order. She had a teasing way of making them both feel like she was there for them and them only, without really picking either one of them. For she couldn't. She had spent most of her young life being prim and proper, the model of a young lady of the court. Then she started studying the old books and she finally found a use for all that singing training and black arts training she received. She even had trained a small kitten to carry messages to the young Squires.

She sometimes used her new training to sneak out of the Castle and pass herself off as a Court Bard. But she never used her newfound Bard Powers on her Squires. She felt that for the first time, she actually wanted to have friends. She liked both of them very much, and in her heart, she knew she was playing with fire. She loved the intoxicating way her allure overpowered their senses. She had never used her "womanly" powers without having the spell components before. She was the Temptress, the Lady of the Lake, and she loved it. She knew they were falling for her, but she was enjoying her newfound power too much and the excitement of her Vocal Powers to look to the future. Which was looking grim.

The Barbarians were rising up again. There was talk from the younger tribesmen of taking back the lands of their ancestors from the evil magic users of the city. Over the course of the last few months, there has been a lot of unrest among the tribes. They finally decided to attack, but they were going to need help. The Witchdoctor of the tribe, in his black Mage robes, called forth the ancient spirits of the tribe to ask for guidance. The Witchdoctor is directed to find an evil staff of polymorph. The Barbarian spent the next month in getting the staff. He then organized an advanced recon of the mages. They found that the Royal family was planning a small picnic in the Royal Woods. The Witchdoctor decided that he would take the Staff and a few warriors and take out the royal family. The rest of the people who tear down the village. The March was on . . .

The Holy Order of the Flame met to raise the eligible Squires to Full Knighthood. It was a great day for Jerome and Gabriel. They received the Order's highest honors, and were both inducted in the order. They both swore to uphold the Code of Honor, to Fight with Honor, and to Serve with Honor. They went to the Knights meeting that night. Word of the unrest in the area and the gathering of the Tribes. It didn't take a Mage's robe to figure out that something was coming. Jerome and Gabriel got ready for war. The day they were to march forward, Jerome heard meowing outside of his and Gabriel's tent. It was that trained Kitten of Wendy's. There was a hurried message of trouble at the picnic and they needed help. Leeches. Jerome woke Gabriel up and showed him the note. "Jerome, you know how Wendy's sense of humor is. This is not the time for games. We have to leave for the battle front. Today." Gabriel rereads the note. He thinks to himself, "I hope she is kidding, isn't she?" He walks outside and starts putting on his armor. Jerome comes up behind him and conks him on the head with the flat of his sword. "Sorry old friend. I can afford to take that risk. I love her more than anything, and I can't take the chance that she isn't kidding. I will check it out, then return.

Gabriel wakes up ten minutes later. He is enraged that his friend would do such a thing. No longer thinking of the impending battle, he jumps on his war-horse and chases after. About halfway to the Royal woods, he catches up to Jerome. Jerome takes one look at Gabriel and spurs his own war-horse into a run. Jerome hurries to the chase. He catches Jerome on the outside of the woods. Gabriel starts to pull his sword, when Jerome falls to the ground, pulling Gabriel with him. "Listen, can you hear it? That hissing sound?" Gabriel looks at him funny, then closes his eyes and really listens. For the first time, he really listens and notices this low rumbling hiss, like someone blowing over the end of a wide neck wine bottle.

They walk slowly forward, into a macabre scene of twisted bodies. Jerome notices that there are Barbarians and Royalty alike. They follow the sounds and see an 8-foot, green monster towering over a small crevice in the rocks. The new Knights look at each other and charge forward. The Giant Green Leech turns around just in time to block both thrusts with its left arm. The blow stunned Gabriel's entire sword arm. Gabriel and Jerome looked at each other and instantly flanked the Leech. Jerome started to draw the Leech to him, and Gabriel went around back to try to flank him. Gabriel pulls out his dagger, and as the Leech jumps forward, he strikes. His blow chops off the leech's hand. This dispels the magic and both Knights are surprised to see a Barbarian witchdoctor in dark robes fall to the ground, clutching a staff to his body. "Thank God. I thought my torment would never end. This staff, it is evil. I stole it from some nearby Minotaurs. It causes you to polymorph into a Giant Leech and go Berserk, trapping your mind while your body carries out the killing. Please, help me."

Just at that moment, they Knights hear a groan and turn to see Wendy fall to the ground outside the small cave opening. "Well . . . it took you long enough. Help me . . .. back to the estates." Wendy faints. Gabriel looks at the Mage and Wendy, and says to Jerome, "I can't feel my arm, and I can barely hold up my dagger. I think we can take Wendy back between the two of us, but what about the mage?"

Jerome thinks for a second and says, "I don't believe him. I think the staff is just a staff. Let's leave him and send back one of the other Knights." So the Mage was quickly forgotten, and Jerome and Gabriel prepared a litter to carry Wendy back to the estates.

The Knights return back to the estates with Wendy in tow just in time to see the wounded start to pour in. "The Barbarian's must have attacked," Gabriel said. "We have to see if we can help."

"Oh, I think you've helped enough." Sir Tainly, the Head of the Holy Order of the Flame said to Jerome as he walked out of the estate. "We needed both of you on the front line during the battle and you, Jerome was nowhere to be found. Gabriel was found knocked silly, and then when the medic got there, he was gone. I ended up using some of the Squires to shore up the lines. There were heavy casualties. Jerome, you are hereby revoked from the Order, and you will give up your sword. Gabriel, you are under suspension pending further review of your conduct."

Jerome takes his sword and throws it to the ground. He then spits on the ground in front of Wendy's litter. "It's all this Wench's Fault. She bewitched me. And now I have nothing. Gabriel, don't look at me like that. She is the evil that has . . . " He looks down to see a sword pointed at his chest.

"Don't you ever call her Evil again. The only reason you are still alive is because we are friends. One more umbrage on Wendy's honor, and I will forget the bond between us." Gabriel said with a surprising harshness.

"Bond? What Bond? You were always jealous of me. She loved me, not you. You couldn't stand it. Who needs it? I don't need any of you. Not the stupid Knights, not her, and not you." Jerome yelled hatefully. Just then, Wendy stirred. "Gabriel. Help" And she went back to sleep. Jerome, with hate in his eyes, told Gabriel, "Next time you see me, you had better be able to use that steel you have. For I can use mine." Gabriel looks down at the sword in his hand in surprise. It was like he didn't know he drew his sword. He slowly puts it back into his sheath. "I think you better leave now, Jerome. Before something gets said between us that we can't fix."

"YOU DON'T GET IT, DO YOU. I'LL USE SMALL WORDS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND. I HATE YOU. I HATE HER FOR COMING BETWEEN US. I HATE THE KNIGHTHOOD. I HATE EVERYTHING IT STANDS FOR. I WILL BRING YOU ALL DOWN!"

Wendy stirred her now cold breakfast tea. "And with that, all that was good in Jerome died. He left us there with an emptiness inside both of us. Gabriel gave up the Order too. I think he never forgave me for playing them off each other. For getting him to that point where he drew a sword on his best friend. Me, I have never forgiven myself for letting it go that far. The only reason I kept the land is that I had a little sister who didn't go with the rest of the family who was still alive. It was fortunate for you that you came down with that illness and couldn't go. When you're Great Uncle Ziroc dies, CloudBringer, you will be Queen. You knew that. Now you know why."

CloudBringer wipes the tears from her face and give LadyWendy a big hug. "Now CloudBringer, it is okay. It has been almost 6 months since this happened. I am over him. Gabriel . . . he still has a place in my heart, but it will never be the same. He will never forgive himself, and that will keep us apart."

"But it is not so bad. I have Lord of Alcohol and Tobbin as . . . Friends now. I am happy with them. And I am more up front with the both of them." She beams as her eyes sparkle. "But enough of this. Let us speak of happier times. And you Black Knight, you have to go now, don't you." He nods his head. "Don't worry, Black Knight, she will be safe with me until your return." The Black Knight walks out of the room. As he shuts the door, he sees CloudBringer and LadyWendy hugging. He smiles, and then goes back into the Void to fight Evil for another day.

________
Interracial vid

Old 03-03-2001, 04:10 PM   #4
Gray Mage
Banned User

Nice job...sorry about the rambunctious out break.
------------------

Feel My Power

[This message has been edited by Gray Mage (edited 03-03-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 05:25 PM   #5
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

good work Black Knight! Being the lowsy storywriter I am, I'm just gonna watch this from a safe distance.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-03-2001, 06:28 PM   #6
Stealthy

Sniff, I wasn't in it , after all that running around after you, when we thought you were a philanderer That and the sore posterior, burns and stains in my kilt . And for what, no recognition!!! Jerome, Hellfire et al, I'm with you.

PS Excellent story BK, but leeches with hands, aren't they called accountants?

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-03-2001, 06:58 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Brilliant piece of work, can't wait for the next bit!!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-03-2001, 07:01 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Stealth, hummm....I never knew I am a soon to be bloodsucker!

Black Knight, nice piece of work you have, the epic tale continues to intrigue me.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 07:46 PM   #9
Stealthy

Accord, it seems that he considers us potential rivals and so ignores us

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-03-2001, 07:50 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh. Or I guess we passed his materiality test....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!