Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 03:40 PM   #11
Tobbin_OHF

Again, this goes with the memory thing, but I think things get triggered when you talk to Duke Eltan. If you have already done this, then the endgame sequence has begun. Otherwise, you will need to jump back to a prior chapter. I may have jumped the gun on the 7th chapter. I think you have to be BEFORE the 7th chapter. If anyone else can confirm this, please relate. I was reading up on the box and it was saying in the manual that you must not have finished the game (defeated Sarevok). Try to go back to an even earlier save game and see if this helps.

Old 02-27-2001, 03:43 PM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

No what I'm saying is that I haven't done any subquests in the city of Baldurs Gate itself. I haven't visited the Oberon Estate and I haven't killed his daughters. I loaded this mission save thing out of interest to see if things worked ok and it appears that they do. I was transported to the island and had a little run around and that was that. I'm still trying to get my actual character to play a part in the add-on, this is where I'm stuck as no new map areas are either visible or accessible although the map cursor suggests to me that there is an area that is off screen. You know....if the cursor doesn't change then you can't leave the map at that point but if it does you can. Do you think that there are subquests that MUST be done to initiate the add-on successfully?
Old 02-27-2001, 03:53 PM   #13
Lillie
Dungeon Master

I started TotSC late last year, before I finished "regular" BG1 - here's what I recall of it, hope it helps you!

I was in Baldur's Gate proper, but I hadn't done any of the quests involving Scar or Duke Eltan. I was basically only in the city long enough to stop by Sorcerous Sundries and to do a few "non-critical" side quests. I then walked over to the "farm area" to the northeast of the city, walked off the edge of that map, and into happy TotSC land

Good luck!
Old 02-27-2001, 04:07 PM   #14
Charlie
Lord Ao

Cheers Lillie but it won't work for me The cursor suggests there's a new area to visit but it's not there.

Did you kill Oberons daughters (the Halruuan airship pieces quest) can you remember? Before going to Ulgoths I mean.
Old 02-27-2001, 04:41 PM   #15
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Hi Charlie

Nope, I hadn't done the airship bit at the time I began TotSC.
Old 02-27-2001, 05:00 PM   #16
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

God, Charlie, I am racking my brain here trying to remember what I did. I don't believe you have to do any specific quest to "trigger" ToSC. I think, I had to play around up in the famland for a while to find the exact "little" place where you would get the icon to go to Ulgoth's Beard. It seems that I had to play around a long time to find the exact location.

If I get time, I'll try to look back and see. Hard to visualize here.

Sorry, Charlie
Old 02-27-2001, 06:30 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Charlie, if you're about - I just posted to you and turbo- gametime!

Cloudy
Old 02-28-2001, 12:00 AM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks again but I still can't get to it. Been and cleared the farm from top to bottom, got 800xp and 150GP for my troubles but no Ulgoths Beard. Could it be a memory thing do you think? I know I was running a little low on available space but surely if that was the case then I couldn't begin from the mission save option or final save could I? I looked at uninstalling it but it appears that it uninstalls the complete Baldurs Gate package...the main game and TOTSC. How easy is that to do and then re-install? I'm treading on thin ice whenever I take on these things and it usually tops up with me swearing and the pc laughing.

Baffled and Beardless from London.
Old 02-28-2001, 12:13 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Charlie: When it uninstalls I don't think that includes saved games or characters, but I could be mistaken. There may be a way to save those to disc and load them back up if that's the case. Have you tried emailing Interplay about the problem? Or maybe they have an FAQ?

Cloudy
Old 02-28-2001, 12:36 AM   #20
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Charlie....I i recall it doen't delete your games when uninstalling, but create a folder and copy them into there just to be safe....Also the area should be avablie straight away, Durlags Tower should apear on the map, and ungluht(?) beard should be vistable from chapter 1....the only thing i can think of is you forgot to tick the box during the install of TOTSC to update your current saved games. Try starting a new one and see if the areas appear in it, other then that i don't know.