Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-06-2003, 11:26 PM   #1
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The problem, from my other thread, is that I reached the top of the 'host' (wizards) tower at the end of Chapter 2, but the gate wouldn't open.

Turns out, this is listed in the faq on the Bioware site. I quote from memory, so go there if it doesn't work.

1. press ` or ~ . Brings up the 'console' in the upper left (looks like a DOS prompt)

2. enter DebugMode 1
3. 'get ready to fight'
4. ` again, then --> dm_runscript 2q6k_startfight

I got several different results here, depending on which savegame I used, but I always got the journal update which is apparently the crucial point. I never saw the cutscene.

5. ` again, then DebugMode 0 (keeps you from getting continual messages saying your computer is not as fast as they want it to be)

6. Go back to temple of Tyr and tell the guy there who gave you the mission. This starts Chapter 3

Note that uppercase and spaces are both significant.

On another topic, the experience points gained for killing the same monster go down a lot in patch 1.29, as compared to version 1.1 or so, which I was using ... about 6000 points fighting from level 4 in the host tower through the pinnacle. Because of this, I will go back to my original version, unless the script above doesn't work there.

I read in a review you can only get to level 20 ... is this true? I guess Bioware just can't balance a game. Is there a cheat somewhere, as in BG that allows you to go higher?

thoon the relaxed
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

I also had a similar problem. Got around it in the following way: created my own little module - just a small room with one single level on the floor. Pull it - and enjoy the chapter 3 [img]smile.gif[/img]

After some minutes of hesitating, a red dragon was also added there. Tested my magic upon a wyrm...
Old 04-07-2003, 09:30 AM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by thoon:
I read in a review you can only get to level 20 ... is this true? I guess Bioware just can't balance a game. Is there a cheat somewhere, as in BG that allows you to go higher?

thoon the relaxed
No cheat that I know of, and yes level 20 is all you can get. That's how it is set up in 3rd edition (they changed that with the introduction of the Epic Level Handbook in PnP, but that came out AFTER NwN did...).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote