Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2001, 10:47 AM   #11
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Trust me, I've experienced some weird things as well - things moving when I was looking at them, among others (and I mean flying up into the air). Erm... is this beginning to sound crazy? Neb, let's swap tales! Mine wasn't scary at all though - was very funny LOL!
Old 10-22-2001, 10:50 AM   #12
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Heads Up!! Its another Army story.

I remember staying in a foxhole all night long looking into the woods waiting for an attack. At around 0400 (4:00 AM) the trees started to move. I swear they were walking around. The combination of exhaustion and being so alert makes you see things. The fog makes it worse too. The sounds you hear are so muffled and sort of surround you. You can't tell what direction they are coming from. The boneheads attacked at 0700 when the sun was almost up and I was was upset that I could have been sleeping until then. grrrr

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-22-2001, 10:53 AM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Trust me, I've experienced some weird things as well - things moving when I was looking at them, among others (and I mean flying up into the air). Erm... is this beginning to sound crazy? Neb, let's swap tales! Mine wasn't scary at all though - was very funny LOL!
Yes, things flying up into the air, indeed! Did you read my contribution to the scary tales thread? About asking if there was an evil spirit present? Creepy stuff! I've had enough 'supernatural' experiences to fill a set of encyclopedias. But I've only been scared once, and I brought that one on myself. These 'things' can't hurt you unless you give in to fear and even, most of the time, not even then.

And Neb, if that's the case, it's still nothing to worry about. Just view this as an interesting learning experience.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-22-2001, 10:56 AM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
And Neb, if that's the case, it's still nothing to worry about. Just view this as an interesting learning experience.

It's not that I'm worried, it's just that, IT'S SO WIERD! Nothing strange has ever happened to me, my life has always been more or less ordinary, I've never had anything "paranormal" or "supernatural" happen to me before, so this is pretty new to me.

Old 10-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #15
Kaz

Well, I'm hardened - strange things began to happen when my friend and I were together when we were 11. Unfortunately I moved away about a year later, it was very interesting while it lasted! Some of the experiences I had were enough to convince me that the supernatural does exist, that impression has been lasting. However, there were no scary experiences (except the one I posted in the ghost story thread) just some... disturbing and some very funny ones! If you're interested in details, maybe we can meet on AIM sometime? I know all the people who do not believe in the supernatural here will have apoplexy hearing even half of what I have to say...
Old 10-22-2001, 11:09 AM   #16
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
It's not that I'm worried, it's just that, IT'S SO WIERD! Nothing strange has ever happened to me, my life has always been more or less ordinary, I've never had anything "paranormal" or "supernatural" happen to me before, so this is pretty new to me.
Mine has been pretty normal so far too. Maybe I haven't encountered anything supernatural, or perhaps I didn't pay any attention to it. But there are so many stories from other people that I'm starting to think I'm missing something here. I always wanted to experience something unnatural myself, something harmless but weird nonetheless. From what I read here, your introduction hasn't gone too smoothly, but I'm glad there was someone to help you.
And don't worry, you don't sound insane at all.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-22-2001, 11:10 AM   #17
Neb

My AIM username is: Razzendacuben.
Feel free to start a chat with me at any time.
Do you have MSN?
Old 10-22-2001, 11:29 AM   #18
Kaz

No, no MSN. But I'll check in AIM when I can (I'll be leaving in about an hour, so there's little point right now.) I'm Kaz1001 (Kaz was taken )
Old 10-22-2001, 01:37 PM   #19
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Do You have MSN Neb? Whats your address?

------------------
The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Nutella

BINKY The Founding Member, Cheif Architect AND Official Chanter Of O.R.T

The Order Of Royal Toads
Old 10-22-2001, 01:40 PM   #20
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Do You have MSN Neb? Whats your address?

Nebling@hotmail.com