Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 02:43 PM   #11
Lucre
Elminster

What is a spioler?
Old 11-28-2001, 06:59 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

lucre, your sig seem to be .. growing. as in most of my screen.

anyway, back to the point.

most people i think hack themselves a bag of holding, its gonna be very hard to get enough money without it. boots of speed, well i woudnt myself. you can get them pretty quick anyway.

what class are you soloing anyway, that always helps when answering these questions.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:47 PM   #13
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
Is it ethical to attack my sister . Thnx I will try that.

PS. During a solo am I supposed to use a guy that made it through already and cheat to get the boots of speed and bag of holding, cause I started it with a new character and I am getting my ass whupped.

Ummmm....no, no, no, no and that's the whole challenge of soloing.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:05 PM   #14
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:

PS. During a solo am I supposed to use a guy that made it through already and cheat to get the boots of speed and bag of holding, cause I started it with a new character and I am getting my ass whupped.

you mean take someone through the game an import them to get improved level!

NO. NO. NO.

dont do it.

start a new character. if youve been through the game already you will have found instances where you had to use clever tactics to succede, right? (if not, i pity you. you musta missed a lot). times when wandering in, swords swinging, just gets you chunked. times like kangaxx for instance.

well, in a solo you have to do that all the time. you have to build a character that can handle anything the game throws at you, from an army of kobolds to a flight of dragons. (ok, i exagerate. there are only ever 7 dragons on-screen at once. and even thats a baldurdash improvement). you have to be constantly inventive, learn the limits of your character and how to counter them. if you can solo any class through on insane, you will be a better player, and it will show when you play with a party again. and i look forward to fighting alongside allies such as this when it comes to NWN.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:46 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

When you solo, you really solo. Start from scratch, no such thing as giving yourself items. Well, at least that is the way I play solo, other people's mileage might vary. To me however, 'assisting' yourself defeats the purpose of soloing, which is to challenge yourself. Cheese is allowed, but not blatant cheating.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:59 PM   #16
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I recommend a mage or sorcerer type to try to solo with first. I tried to go back to playing a party but got extremely bored, so now I'm back to soloing. You might have a little trouble at first but when you reach level 15 or so watch out!!! You become a death machine!! The battles become extremly easy. I guess its time to bump it up to INSANE. You don't need to cheat to have fun. Good luck!!
Old 11-29-2001, 12:02 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ironically, I have become stuck with soloing and the Insane Difficulty. When I try to play with a party, voices start chanting in my head, "Too easy, too easy, you cheap pansy."

Gah! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 01:29 AM   #18
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i cant help it, but i HAVE to hack boots of speed in. i HATE my characters moving slow. i get bored having to wait forever for them to move to the other side of the map. that is the only thing that i give to my character to start him off with.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-29-2001, 01:40 AM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If I had hacked in the Boots of Speed for either my solo Archer or my solo Assassin, the game would have become too easy. I prefer to just assault the Planar Prison instead.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:16 AM   #20
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

dont do it.

start a new character. if youve been through the game already you will have found instances where you had to use clever tactics to succede, right? (if not, i pity you. you musta missed a lot). times when wandering in, swords swinging, just gets you chunked. times like kangaxx for instance.

w

Ok, I tried to do it legit and the first thing I noticed is...you can't kill EVERYTHING in the game. I had to choose my battles and avoid unnecessary ones. Secondly, my assassin was doing a lot of backstabbing and then running like hell to HiS, or drawing creatures back to some previously laid traps. Thirdly, I was resting a lot to regain some abilities. This was weird after finishing the game hearing"I need rest if our cause is to succeed" about 80% of the time, second only to "you must gather your party.." for annoyance.

So my question to the soloists is this: Honestly how much of 40 hours of game time is spent running away, resting, or reloading your game? I would rather the game just made the battles proportionally more difficult depending on how many was in the group, then all this running around. I don't recall many incidents on pen and paper where I told the DM I was going whack the creature and then run. Repeat ad nauseum....