Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2001, 03:05 AM   #1
Rissen13

I made the mistake of misplacing the key to the shadow thieves door to the next level. I paid 15k for it but have lost it. I had someone emial me a list of the keys however the thieves guild key was not on the list.

So now the only way to the next level is to do a area map cheat which I don't want to do.

Can someone come to my rescue and suggest a way to find the key withouth starting over.

Help anctiously waiting.

Old 11-26-2001, 03:11 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

GO around every map, search every container, every ground item pile, and anything else u can pick up on every map in every building...
Ul find it eventually. Or ofcourse theres this shadow keeper thing.. but that can be considered cheating...
Also search the inventories of the NPCs that uv kicked out of ur party, iv found things in there before
Old 11-26-2001, 03:58 AM   #3
Vampire

awwww unlucky!

Download Shadowkeeper from Ironworks BG2 downloads..
Old 11-26-2001, 12:05 PM   #4
Tyronius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i hav left the key in a chest after i have orriginally gained entrance into the guildhall. after this i have never hada problem with gettin in and out, although i do still keep it in the cheast for safe keeping,, so if you have already gon in the guildhall you should be able to get back in, if you didnt i tink your prety much screwed... sorry , and on a lighter note, i wouldnt go looking through every berrel, chest, ground pile, and body becasue that would take a really long time and you might lose intrest in he game if youy start doing this, so i wouldnt take SookmaCooks advise.. sorry
Old 11-26-2001, 12:08 PM   #5
Tyronius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i hav left the key in a chest after i have orriginally gained entrance into the guildhall. after this i have never hada problem with gettin in and out, although i do still keep it in the cheast for safe keeping,, so if you have already gon in the guildhall you should be able to get back in, if you didnt i tink your prety much screwed... sorry , and on a lighter note, i wouldnt go looking through every berrel, chest, ground pile, and body becasue that would take a really long time and you might lose intrest in he game if youy start doing this, so i wouldnt take SookmaCooks advise.. sorry
Old 11-26-2001, 01:29 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

There is nothing wrong with 'cheating' in a game-critical item like this. I keep saying this, but nobody seems to listen. What you consider cheating may be totally different from someone elses definition. The only rule is: play the game in the way YOU enjoy it, whether that involves cheating or not.
I'll tell you this: if I need stuff Identified and I haven't got enough lore for it, no way in hell am I going to pay 100 gp per Identify or wait until I get across a Scroll; I just cheat some Identify scrolls into my inventory. I'm not ashamed of it; it doesn't make me omnipotent in the game, it doesn't ruin the gaming experience, in fact, it increases my enjoyment of the game because it's so easy.

So just get the key back using CLUAconsole (it's much easier than using Shadowkeeper, take less time and is less likely to screw up your game - in fact, it's impossible to screw up your game using this method [img]smile.gif[/img] )!
Here's exactly how you do it:

Go to your BG2 folder and find the Baldur.ini file. Make a back-up of it to be safe. Open the file, and under the header Program Options, add the following line:

Debug Mode=1

Save the file and start up your game. When you're in your current game, press Ctrl + Space, and a small typing window will appear. Copy the following exactly into the window:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC4S")

now press Enter.

Hope this helps, good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 03:24 PM   #7
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

With a game as buggy as this one, you may as well learn how to do the debug mode now, as you will eventually need it. It doesn't screw up the game it was put in by the programmers to ...that's right..debug the code. good luck and don't worry.

[img]graemlins/warrior1.gif[/img]