Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2001, 08:21 AM   #1
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

I am now a paladin level 11
Minsc is also level 11
Jaheira is level 10/12 (F/D)
Jan is level 11/13 (M/Th)
Yoshimo is level 14
Nalia is level 11 (and she has her 4 levels of thief ofcourse)

Is this a strong enough party to

**spoilers**

-
-
-
-

Take the ship to the Asylum? I only got there once with a fighter who I had to stop because his level was only 15 when reaching Sudenelassar (or however you spell it [img]tongue.gif[/img] and was too weak to take out those blasted Iron Golems.

Thanks.
Red Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:31 AM   #2
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler I Guess....

When you get out of the Underdark, do ALL your side quests and build you party to max lvl. I did this with my Inquisitor and I beat the game without trouble. He was lvl 17. The rest where lvl 16-17 I think. I used: Nalia, Imoen, Aerie, Keldorn and Minsc. Oh and myself. This was SO easy
Lvl 11 is to early I think. I where lvl 15 when I went with the ship I think or lvl 14. Just do every side quest you can find. You get a great deal of XP from romancing Jaheira. Be nice to her! HeHe. Good luck dude! Oh and dont you stop Posting!

Thaerek Blackmain/Galdriel Wovenmist
Defender of TMHGOTS
Owner of http://www.geocities.com/eirich69/Ei...?1008281167875
Galdriel wovenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:36 AM   #3
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

I did alot of sidequests already (windspear hills, umbar hills, nalia's keep, paladin stronghold quests, unseeing eye...I could check out trademeet I guess [img]smile.gif[/img] )

BTW I think it IS possible for me to get out of the underdark alive with the guys I have now. but I just don't want to get stuck again at teh end.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:44 AM   #4
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler I guess...
Yep do that. And also do the Slaver, Kangaxx, Firkraagh, Thaxxilla(that big dragon blacky dude), and all the *small* quests like the sircus tent and such. Oh and dont forget the kidnapping in the bridge, tanner wuest and everything like that. Fight for the XP! Oh and you get ALOT of xp from the planarsphere. Do this and youl get aload of xp and youl go up in lvl before you can say IJustLoveThisGuyGaldrielHeIsTheGreatest hehe
Keep posting dude!

Defender of TMHGOTS
Old 12-16-2001, 08:53 AM   #5
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

Slaver - Did it
Kangaxx - Didn't
Firkraag - Did it
Thaxxilla - Didn't
Circus tent - Didn't
kidnapping in the bridge - Didn't
Tanner - Did it
Planarsphere - Did it
Old 12-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #6
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe. You go girl*or something*.
Do the rest and youl get lots of XP
Old 12-16-2001, 08:58 AM   #7
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

"You go girl"

Err you go guy would be correcter

Thanks for the tips [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2001, 09:00 AM   #8
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Happy to be helpfull dude.
Oh and keep posting!

Defender of TMHGOTS
Old 01-03-2002, 05:05 PM   #9
Nifft the Nimble

Hey 'Slayer,

I've made it through the Asylum after having done nothing but the Thieves' Quest (to get enough gold). The biggest problem I had was lack of +3 or greater weapons to kill the Balor, but you get a +3 Cleric's Staff in the Asylum and Jaheira used it to good effect. (That staff, Ironskins and the Ring of Free Action were what made that demon killable.)

Forget needing to be high enough level; there's nothing there that you can't kill with the eqiupment provided. One major advantage to going early: Imoen will be with you for all the other side-quests, so she'll be reasonably high level when you reach the end game.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:56 PM   #10
fable
Quintesson

As I see it, you have basically two courses of actions open to you (or variants thereof) after you emerge from Irenicus' dungeon:

You can do plenty of the chapter 2 quests, eventually deciding to give the money needed to that thief with a bad imitation of an Australian accent, that triggers chapter 3; or...

You can do just enough of the quests needed to get the money, and trigger chapter 3, and proceed forward quickly.

I've played both ways. My latest party took the ship journey of chapter 4 at level 11. There are some close calls, and I'd suggest getting the Shield of Balduran, first; but otherwise, they managed pretty well. Note that the foes you face are scaled to an extent by your level. Returning to do the chapter 2 quests later, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that a number of the quests (like Nalia's) were now tougher thanks to the addition of higher level monsters. So it balances out in the end.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote