Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-21-2001, 12:13 PM   #1
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Ummmm...

Has anyone else noticed how much Cernd rocks in ToB? I took him through most of SoA and he was good. Druids don't have all that many spells and are restricted by the level cap but he still managed to find a way to rip things to shreds quite effectively.

But then I started ToB and he levelled up. I advise anyone who hasn't taken a druid to that kind of level to look in the book and see their spell progression from 14th - 15th level. He gained 5 level 7 spells with one level up! This came as a bit of a shock as I hadn't looked in the book before then.

Next I tried turning him into a Greater Wolfwere seeing as he could now do this twice a day. I did and low and behold he had AC -15. I don't quite know what has happened there but for some reason Cernd above level 15 has a ridiculous AC and tears things into small pieces on a regular basis. This is coupled with the fact that he is now almost immune to the vast majority of attacks.

And to think I thought he was good in BG2...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:54 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Yep, Cernd rocks in Tob..but in SoA..not really, at least, I don't think so [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But if you can go through SoA without throwing him out, you have one hell of a character in ToB
Old 11-21-2001, 02:10 PM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I took Cernd through both. He rocked. One of my favourite characters.

Moiraine doesn't like him though Thinks he's a responsibility avoider.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 05:57 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Cernd had a major bug in my game. His intelligence was lowered to 3!!!!!!!!!!! He was doing really good for me too! @%$%^#%@!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 02:26 AM   #5
Thrawn
The Magister

Feeblemindness? Dispel, or heal, i think will fix that
This is the place for Improved Ai Scripts by me<br /> [url]\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/\" target=\"_blank\">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/</A>
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 06:28 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

It was not feeblemindness, would of told me. I played through half of the game with him like that, until I went berserk, and through him out. to bad, that was before ToB came out, and i killed him. But now, I have Anomen, who suits my needs.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 01:03 AM   #7
Debaser

I used Cernd in ToB once, way back, albeit only for a little bit. I might think about keeping him through SoA with the next good party I make and playing him in ToB, just to see the reaches of his power. I have to admit i've never given druids an honest chance to prove themselves....