Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Winking Survivor someplace...

Just watched Thursday's opening night, and found it somewhat interesting. I suppose that's something, since I missed the last season entirely, and hopefully the "fans vs faves" approach will work out.

And I thought I might revive my bonehead awards, too, just in case they prove useful. Or humorous, or entertaining, or something like that.

So....

Big Bonehead award definitely goes to Jonny Fairplay, for simply playing the game. Of course, one can *never* know where the truth is with him, but if his girlfriend is indeed seven months pregnant, heading out on a 39-day game is not the smartest play you can make. Do the math... seven months plus 39 days plus travel time... he's hoping that nothing goes on before he gets back. 'Course, that could just be a sad note on his values... I did listen to his "day after" interview on the CBS website, and he says that he did clear it with his girlfriend before, but didn't realize how much he'd be focusing on it when he was out there. Perhaps... but sorry, I still can't buy it 100%.

Secondary Bonehead also goes to Jonny Fairplay for the "multiple personality" move. "I've got 'em both where I want 'em... I control what's going to happen... say, why don't you vote me off?" Knowing his past behaviors, there's *NO* way of knowing just what he means at any particular point in time, and I know *I* didn't believe his crocodile tears about what it means to become a dad. And that's from a dad who cried at both his kids' births...

Tertiary Bonehead goes to Kathleen, for either pissing off the rest of her tribe or ingratiating herself to some of them. I wasn't quite sure if she was getting an offer to check out those implants or not...

And for a change, let me also pick Bungleau's Bones, those recognitions of exceptional play.

First Bone goes to the Faves, for near military efficiency in getting their camp set up and running. Talk about focus...

Second Bone goes to Yao-Man for making fire so quickly. It definitely makes a difference...

Third Bone goes to the Fans, for having the energy, enthusiasm, and motivation to make things happen and win that challenge. It definitely sets the stage for what's coming next...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Survivor someplace...

I watched it too, although reluctantly because I can't stand Johnny Fairplay. He's just gross to me. So I'm glad he's gone already! Personally I think he went in thinking he was gonna kick ass, but he realized when he got on the island that everyone hated him and obviously distrusted him as well. That's when he decided to save face and quit before he was rudely booted, or Yeoman gives him another head slam against a boat LOL!

He's married to a girl that was on one of the America's Next Top Model, Michelle. She was a lesbian on the show LOL, and also had impetigo scabs all over her face. What a couple! Poor kid too!

I like the idea of fans vs. favs, so look forward to the next episode.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hahah.. did you notice Johnnys lisp? (he's not used to the retainer in his mouth) from Danny bouncing his ass on his face at the reality awards..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'd forgotten about Danny Bonaduce pwning him... didn't notice the retainer, either. I'll have to take another look at it...
-+-+-+
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And.... Bones and Boneheads from episode 2...

First, a Bone to the Faves, for sending the one person they *knew* had immunity out to go to Exile Island. Could she come back with two idols? What *would* that force?

A Bone as well to Mikey B for doing the proper math and chess-playing to ensure that one of the two remaining oldsters would be eliminated... but a Bonehead as well for making it so complicated that the others couldn't follow it. Didn't turn out so well for him...

A Bone to the three oldsters for deciding to build their own freakin' shelter... and then for helping the spring chickens (henceforth the chickens) to make one of their own.

Bonehead to Leif Garrett (Erik? The one with the blond 80s hair) for "get out of our shelter". Way to draw the lines early, dude.

Bone to Cirie for volunteering to head off to Exile. She's the swing vote to both alliances, so she's valuable to each of them. And she just might find immunity.... on the other side of the ocean, of course! Wasn't that a hoot?

No other major Bones or Boneheads this time... at least, not that I can think of now. Anyone else?

And Lady Z, you want these in separate threads, or in the same one? Your call, mon amie...
-+-+-+
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I missed episode 3, but here are my thoughts from episode 4...

First, major Bones to Ozzie on the reward challenge! That was just a brilliant piece of gameplay... moving all the important coconuts to the opening so everyone else could just grab and go. Made a HELL of a difference, for sure...

Bonehead to Jason on that same reward challenge. "You see what Ozzie's doing?" "Yeah".... so why don't you do it too? It wasn't even close...

Bonehead to James for the open discussions about getting rid of Yao-man and why they should have gotten rid of Eliza. Reminds me of Monty Python... "I'm not dead yet! I'm getting better!" You have to be a chameleon to win this kind of game, playing all sides. He didn't just alienate Eliza, but potentially others in his alliance who don't agree...

Almost forgot... major bone to Ozzie for not only finding the immunity idol, but putting a fake one back in its place. I just discovered that I missed Yao-man doing that during his season... a brilliant strategy to copy. If I ever do anything, I want him on my team!

And a bone to Tracy, for one of the best-played gaming positions. Getting Joel to switch and bring someone with him... admirable! She is a force to be reckoned with...
-+-+-+
Old 02-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Damn, Ozzy still kicks ass... Very good episode.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Good points Bung. I said the same thing. Tracy did a hell of a job there. She just needs to keep it goin. She had a great point at tribal. Saying they still lost with the weal people sitting out.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Okay, boneheads and bones.

First, Bones to the Faves sent over to the Fans beach. Less than 24 hours, and they've got a brand new camp, shelter, and everything. Gotta be demoralizing to those fans to some extent (we've been here two weeks, and they did this in a couple of hours?), but it's gotta be encouraging as well.

And a major bow (perhaps a bone) to... was it Amanda that brought back that shark? That was... impressive. Even Ozzie was impressed!

Bones to Ozzie, the consummate competitor. I really thought the first round of that flag-tag challenge wasn't fair, when Ozzie was the chaser...

Bonehead to the Malakal tribe for voting out Joel. I guess they figure that when they go to the next tribal council, they can get rid of Chet then. And I mean *the* next, not *their* next. 'Twill be one and the same. Joel may not have been the most effective competitor, but you think Chet brings anything more?

And a major, major bone to Tracy, once again shifting the tide to her favor. Mikey B last week, Joel this week... she can really, really shift the play around!
-+-+-+
Old 03-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bones and boneheads, week whatever...

Lessee... Bones to Penner, for looking at the immunity challenge, seeing that he could help in it, and staying in, so that he could sit out in the next challenge. Sad that the game had to end for him... he's a good player.

Major bones to James in the reward challenge for figuring out that they didn't need two stepping poles! Totally unexpected, but EXTREMELY effective!

And that leads to a bonehead for Malakal for not copying the strategy when they saw it in play. James and crew were *done* by the time they had their first person over.

Hmmm... Guess Joel would have been useful for that one, huh? Oh well...

I've got to give Ozzie a bonehead for his comments at tribal. Even if you're in the catbird seat, you don't want to be *too* confident... methinks he set a bigger target on his back there. And since you have to play the idol before the vote, it would really suck to go home with it in your backpack...

Had Tracy managed to get Ozzie out, she would have received another major bone. Still, she's definitely showing herself as a true gamer... I really hope she stays around for a while yet.
-+-+-+