Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIV:
...So in the future do I

1. Start a new post asking a question that has already been discussed in an older post

2. Bump an old post that other NEW people might not know about

3. or sit idly by just waiting for someone to bring up a topic I'm curious about [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ps...has the quest to find the missing traits just been abandoned then?
Speaking for myself... and with Wyv thumping me if I'm out of line... there are different scenarios.

If you have new information on a post (such as Hey! I know how to get that Faerie Wing trait), that merits resurrecting the thread. You're adding constructively to the discussion that was under way.

If you're curious about the status of a question (like the missing traits), then either raise a new post (if it's been gone for a while) or hold tight (if it's more recent).

You can also PM (that's send a private message) to the original poster, or to anyone who was active in the thread. You'll note when you bring up the thread that "Send a PM" is an option for every post. You can only have a certain number of PMs in the system (around 50, I think), so don't go overboard.

One thing that's perfectly reasonable to do is to start a new post and reference the old one in it, so people can go back to take a look. Bsftcs does this quite often, and is my role model in this area. [img]smile.gif[/img] For example:

This is a link to the post where you asked the question. To form one of these, add a little HTML to your post:

[a href="http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=007934;p=4"] This [/a]

Switch the [ and ] for < and >, and you've got the appropriate HTML.

And above all, feel free to ask about this kind of stuff. No one here wants to drive anyone away; we'd rather have everyone around. So if you're curious or confused about something, ask us. We'll let you know how to go about things.

Enjoy.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi!

Better to start a new post on an old question IF there is no similar post on the first (perhaps the first few) page(s) and there is nothing about it in the Best Tips thread. We're all very aware that not everyone figures out how to use the search feature and even if you manage to figure that out, you can still end up with more than you can handle and not the answer that you want.

We've answered the question about how to get through the second door in the Crypt a couple of zillion times and we don't mind doing it again! lol!! We pretty much know the basic questions any new player is going to ask and we're very willing to answer.

There are a few old posts which are worth bumping from time to time but most of those have to do with W&W humor rather than the solution to problems. There are a couple of problems with bumping the very old threads. We've still got threads on this board from ages ago. Many of the posters in those threads are no longer registered at Ironworks. There isn't much point to replying to some message posted years ago. There are probably a few dozen similar posts that are newer. If the old thread was the epitome on that particular subject, it would have made it into the Best Tips thread.

There used to be dates and times on the posts which I miss greatly. We have posts that stretch back to 2000 and without the time stamp it isn't obvious.
Those of us who have been around for ages know this but it isn't necessarily obvious to someone new to the board.

As far as the search for the missing traits - I believe that the search continues but that there is nothing new to report. This game was rushed to market and it's quite likely that traits that were planned to be included were omitted in the final release. If something new arises, I'm sure we'll see that thread pop back up!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ermm... Wyv... I still see dates and times on the posts... honest! And that beer's not even kilt yet [img]smile.gif[/img]

I see a "Last post date" on the forum itself, and on each post I see a "posted" date. Or are you thinking of a different place, or something about the date of the original post?
-+-+-+
Old 02-03-2004, 03:31 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Ermm... Wyv... I still see dates and times on the posts... honest! And that beer's not even kilt yet [img]smile.gif[/img]

I see a "Last post date" on the forum itself, and on each post I see a "posted" date. Or are you thinking of a different place, or something about the date of the original post?
I don't see any time date on the posts REALLY!

Where do you see it??
Old 02-03-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

AH HA!!

When Ziroc updated the board software he updated my profile BUT because he didn't fill it out completely the time/date info wasn't being posted!
I've fixed that and now also see the date/time!

Wyv
Old 02-03-2004, 11:10 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, that's one issue spanked and sent on its way... or something like that [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Sneaky, that webmaster is... I betcha it was Choc manipulating his minions. I think he's got something against border collies...
-+-+-+