Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2004, 03:49 AM   #1
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Exclamation

hey, need a bit of help lol [img]tongue.gif[/img] I can't find the way out of skull castle, thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 04:45 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

I can figure out what happened. When you came to the supposed exit, where you opened a crate by means of a "winged latch", you found a closed crate. Right? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
This lever is timed. It lets you in but then it closes the crate. The way out is elsewhere.
Jump into the water pool. You will find 4 tunnels leading out of the pool. take the south one, which is further from the pool. It will bring you to the exit from the area most quickly.

Notes:
1. The accursed lever at the crate is the only lever in the the game which is timed. You need not expect another surprises of this kind later in the game.
2. The tunnels are "one way". Once the "current" in the tunnels takes you, it will bring you to the end of the tunnel and you won't be able to swim back.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:10 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Radek's right. That grate is one of the most irritating things about this dungeon.

There are two other ways out as well, IIRC.

First, if you get to the water pool, you can stabilize the bridge and walk across to the other side. That puts you within reach of getting out. I think... it's been a while since I was in there. Xignal's maps can help with the exact logistics.

Second, if you create a portal at the entrance to the dungeon, you can teleport back to it when you need to. Of course, this means you had to think about this to begin with...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Radek, wheres the whater pool?, is it the one with the see-saw dridge thing or where the two headed giant thingo is?. and how do you make portal things, they sound kewl hehe
Old 01-23-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The water pool is the one with the see-saw bridge. The two-headed giant comes after you go through one of the paths in that pool.

The best travel spells are 6th and 7th level Moon magic.

Create Portal and Teleport are 6th level, and let you memorize a place in a dungeon or map and be able to teleport back to it. The rule is one location per caster per map, so if you have a six-character party, you can have six portals in every map. Of course, then you have to remember which one is which...

At 7th level, call of home (which only works on an outdoor map) lets you return to the last town you visited. This is handy when you create a portal at the exit of a dungeon, call home, sell your stuff and train, and then teleport back to the portal.

Portals sometimes fail, and I don't know if anyone has figured out why yet. All I know is it's really frustrating... but I get over it [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #6
eternal mat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hehe dont worry, found my own way out without going through any water thanks bangleau for the portal info i'll start getting my moon levels up now [img]smile.gif[/img]