Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-22-2003, 12:13 AM   #31
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
. . . Otherwise your results are open to confounding from other variables - that is, you can't draw any conclusions because effects might be due to other variables not the one you have manipulated. There may be something about being online that affects your daydreaming that not being online does not. . .
Very good observations. Luckily, this project is just one aspect of my summer course in The Social Foundations of Education. It's not for my thesis. Maybe some day I will make a more thorough examination of the variables and create a publishable paper. For now, I'm just trying to get an "A" in my class.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #32
jason0273
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Done! That was an interesting little survey
Old 07-23-2003, 08:26 AM   #33
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
. . . Otherwise your results are open to confounding from other variables - that is, you can't draw any conclusions because effects might be due to other variables not the one you have manipulated. There may be something about being online that affects your daydreaming that not being online does not. . .
Very good observations. Luckily, this project is just one aspect of my summer course in The Social Foundations of Education. It's not for my thesis. Maybe some day I will make a more thorough examination of the variables and create a publishable paper. For now, I'm just trying to get an "A" in my class. [/QUOTE]Yes that is a good point, it's important to know what you're trying to discover... do you want to know how computer gamers stack up against the average public (use a broad control), do you want to know how computer gamers stack up against the online computing public (use an online control). IMO these would both be interesting comparisons, although a general public control would be more interesting to me, since there's on average going to be more differentiation there.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:59 PM   #34
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Okay. Think that's it. Althogh I had this daydream thta I didn't...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 07-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #35
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I filled it out FB! I'll send you some more info in the next few days!! I've just been busy the last week working and stuff..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-23-2003, 04:54 PM   #36
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Done. Good luck.

[ 07-23-2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: MILAMBER ]
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition