Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Alright so I bought htis game after hearing from my friends that its the "Best fighting game ever". However, after fighting in the tutorial, I still don't get the "Guard impact" or whatever. Every time I try to press G and the direction button, nothing happens. Although i'm currently in the mine, i really don't have any idea what I'm doing. Any tips?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Riftmaker
Elminster

What character are you using?

Do the Weapon Master thing....quest to get new weapons. If you are doing that....

It really depends what character you are using.

Also, which console are you playing it on? I've only played on a Gamecube.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I play Mitsurugi ( on the PS2, I'm currently doing the weapon master and am stuck on the "dungeon" boss, its the first dungeon after the village fight in the 3rd or fourth chapter. I only have the first set of weapons.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:21 AM   #4
Riftmaker
Elminster

Hmmmm, if you like Samurai boy....

Who is the boss?

There is a 'regular attack' button, a 'strong attack' button, a 'kick' button, and a 'guard' button.

You can use these in combination with the joystick (or D-Pad, whichever you use) to do different moves. You'll find that forward + strong attack is useful against slow opponents.

Guard + Regular Attack can be used to grab your opponents when you are close to them.

On the gamecube, the c-pad does a bunch of different powerful moves...don't know what the controls are for PS2.

Check out http://www.gamefaqs.com I bet they have more in depth info.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:54 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

First -- buy a joystick. It all gets easy after that. This game just BEGS for a joystick. Get a good one, I had some cheapies break on me till I finally got a good one. It really turns it into an arcade game.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:01 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'll throw in my two cents.

It all depends on what difficulty you have it on. If you pay close attention, your enemy won't necessarily attack you until you attack them first, and normally they get it in earlier than you do. Unless you're playing with it on Hard or a higher difficulty rating, you have no need for guard impact. Simple blocking will make due.

If you want to try and master guard impact though, I suggest you go into Practice mode and put the rating to Hard. Because the characters normally attack continously, giving you a chance to use guard impact. Don't use it right off hand, wait them out until you see them about to strike, use it, and strike back. It's hard I know but it takes time and patience to get it down right.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

whoops, I thought this thread said Soul Reaver 2, so I made another Soul Calibur thread...Sorry.
Gangrell the guy with the globe in his chest (Necrid) Well I didnt realise that was him, and was looking for weapons for a character that didnt exist and thats why I couldnt find anything [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bah, I now cant stop using Malik, and was wondering, how do I unlock the bottom row of characters?
I assume they are Assasin, Lizard man and Inferno, aminly because one of them is the final boss, and the others I have played as in different modes
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

There is no bottom row of characters, because I'm assuming you mean the blank spots next to the random option? There are none left, I know you're thinking that well, those characters are the only ones left in the game since I have three spaces left, but if you notice, you left out the Berserker warrior thats also not included. But trust me, none left to unlock.

By the way, his name is Kilik [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
Riftmaker
Elminster

Uhhhhhh, I unlocked Berserker on my G/F's game on Gamecube.

I would assume that Assassin and Lizardman are also unlockable.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:54 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

No, I think you can unlock Assassin.

I use Kilik a lot. He's my second-favorite - Xianghua is my first.