Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-19-2001, 05:49 AM   #1
mystic78
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, right. Adopt your local graveyard. Ha. Ha.

Now onto my problem. In the graveyard I met a priest and his charge. I told the Priest of Lathander that I would be on the lookout for someone to take the poor little darling off of his hands.

In fact, I found such a man (or so my brother and everyone else says). I only spoke to him once, however, and he did not adopt the little girl. I was informed well after the fact that you need to speak with him several times to force his interest. I went in search of him later and occassionally wander back to see if I can catch him, but he is nowhere to be found.

Now, there is still an unadopted little girl, and the priest, loitering in the graveyard and the quest is burning a hole in my journal. Is it salvageable? Or can I succeed with Shadowkeeper?

Barbara
Old 07-19-2001, 06:34 AM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

If you are referring to the paladin mourning his dead son, you only need to talk to him once, but you need to give him the appropriate responses. Did you check to see if he was with the priest and child? If he's not there, then Shadowkeeper is about your only option short of loading an earlier save game, but I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Old 07-19-2001, 09:49 AM   #3
Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You have to have said the right things to the paladin. I can only assume you told him to get lost or something, otherwise he would have taken the little girl. It's not like it's a big quest or anything anyway.

------------------
~Without knowledge, life is a mere shadow of death~
Old 07-19-2001, 01:25 PM   #4
mystic78
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm, well that's odd. I can't remember if I begged him or asked him nicely, though I know that I didn't tell him off. Still, it didn't work. And no he isn't with the other two. Strange.

Thanks for the input anyway. I guess I'll play around with some of the numbers in the editor and see what happens.

Barbara