Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2000, 08:13 AM   #1
lusiek

hi,
I'm writing a walkthrough for W&W for Polish gaming magazine
and I simply forgot how I went through some parts of Snake Temple
I can't recall where are two last idols (I remember the one in room with the Holy Filth - the one held by Monkey and the other one in the room with four levers)
could anyone tell me exactly where are two last statuettes?

and one more - I need help with going through the lift maze
Just like in the previous case - I forgot how did I do that

I know I would recall it in time, but time is one thing I dont have too much
100X thnx for anyone that helps
Old 12-16-2000, 08:48 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

What a great project!!!

You can find the answer and maybe even some more in the link that I will include below! Hope this helps you out and do let us know when you've completed your project!! (I used to write a lot of walkthrus myself)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 08:50 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh yes - if you get stuck on trying to recall the lift maze - just pop me a note. I can probably put together a crude ascii map that will do the job!

Wyv

(click on that TOAD) for the hints!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 04:53 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Here's a ridiculous attempt to describe the lift maze in text:
(by the way, Wyv, which TOAD do you want us to click?)

(It might help if you draw)
The central floor of the lift maze consists of 4 diamonds (rotated cubes) with their corners touching.
You enter the maze at the NW diamond, and leave finally at the SW one. Mark the lifts in the diamonds as follows: start with the NW one, with the top corner and call it A. Then mark the other elevators clockwise: B and C (in the fourth corner there's no elevator: you arrived there.) Then the second diamond: the NE one. Here the elevators, marked from the top clockwise, get characters D to G.
The 3rd diamond is the SE one, and gets characters H to K. The final one, in the SW gets only two: L and M, because there is a switch in the South corner, and a locked door in the West. There is one more character, the N, for the opening in the SE corner of the SE diamond.
Here are the connections at the other floors:
top floor: B connects to K; J to E. N can also be reached from the passage from J to E.
bottom floor: A - F, G - H, M to I. N can also be reached from the passage from M to I.
C and L connect to the Serpent Master room, and can only be activated from there.
D leads to a trapdoor, which deposits you near the Serpent Master room. (There you get the key for the door in the SW diamond, and for the door in the corridors near Xydusa.)
(Since I only started making this map after pulling the switch, I can't tell you which elevators are activated by it. Perhaps someone who followed this description (anyone ???) can contribute that.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote