Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 06:14 PM   #41
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
**sigh**

I don't think Dio intended to insult the older members. I think the point is that the complaints about how the board does not feel the same, can be construed as complaints about the newer members. Obviously a changed atmosphere is brought about by a change in members. I don't think anyone has the right to complain about the feel of a 'public' forum such as this, where everyone has the right to discuss what they wish and all opinions and ideas are respected (and if someone does not respect another's opinion, then those people are not welcome).

True and I agree wholehearted I just think that its a valid point that if the feel of the forum chages (as I defined feel previously) then some people may feel excluded, and I think users should be aware of this, whether its good or bad depends on if you want the forum to reflect the popular issues, or to reflect a wider spread of issues? I don't know which ways is best, I just would like to raise the issues, and let people decide.

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 10-09-2001, 06:17 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Okay, as one of the apparently despised "new" members, let me say that I find the attitude of some of you older people personally insulting. You act as if this is rightfully your board, and that we are just getting in the way of your fun.

I am not stopping you from posting whatever the heck you want. Go right ahead. But don't just sit there, whining about the loss of the good old days. Post away!!!!!
Dio, when is that vacation, hon?
EVERYONE is hyper these days and doesn't matter if it's a new member or an old member it still means they are unhappy and are entitled to a 'whine' or two!

Maybe you don't realize it, but that first paragraph sounds patronizing. Somehow, I don't think you meant it that way.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-09-2001, 06:19 PM   #43
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:
Did I pick a bad time to catch up on what I have been missing? Have we been losing our "old-timers"? I have been away, but will be on more and more as I re-acclimate myself to the forum atmosphere.

"This trend saddens me! We must fight back with humor and togetherness!!!"
Welcome back Dawnchaser!

CloudBunny

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-09-2001, 06:20 PM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

except no one is as good as me! my fair lady... **courtisely bow**

**murmurs to himself** yeah, that will have her confused for a while...
250.. I'm almost ready to smother you with hugs and kisses! LOL

Cloudy

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-09-2001, 06:25 PM   #45
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
250.. I'm almost ready to smother you with hugs and kisses! LOL

Cloudy

Are you willing to take bribes to just smother him?

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.

Old 10-09-2001, 06:26 PM   #46
G'kar

I see nothing wrong with "serious topics" or "not serious topics".
I feel for the mods who do have to read a bunch of stuff they may not wanna, and I respect and commendthem for their vigilance in keeping a civilized rule here.
I like places like this because you can see a wide diversity of opinion and belief. You can get a whole range of different senses of humor as well. Alot of creativity can be shared too. Start the topics you want, posts in the topics you want , and to be redundant, avoid topics you dont want (unless your a mod, whom I have a renewed regard for)

Old 10-09-2001, 06:29 PM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
As a reminder Cloudy, when we were debating a short while ago you were vehmently opposed to the idea of a separate board for more serious discussions. You insisted that they remain on the General Discussions board, sot that everyone could see them. Just a reminder.
Ahh.. and did I say anything different now? Dio.. no offense, but you seem wound up tighter than I've ever seen you. Ease up, we are all in this together and I see alot of tempers flairing. My own is near break point.

Yes, you make a good point, people can and should avoid things that upset them. I used to just say that.. "don't read it, if you don't like it"! But I've found it's not always possible. Curiosity and an abundance of the topics lately makes it hard NOT to at least start reading. But again, it's possible to leave and not post or get involved, so you have a point. I have posted when I didn't think I should lately.. why? dunno.. frustration, anger at a point made, a need to make a point of my own that was diametrically opposed? All of the above. I think others may do it too and find themselves in a maze they didn't intend to enter.

Cloudy

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-09-2001, 06:33 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Are you willing to take bribes to just smother him?

[/B]
Hmm.. only if you take the hugs and kisses.. hehe

Cloudypie

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 06:34 PM   #49
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hmm.. only if you take the hugs and kisses.. hehe

Cloudypie

SOLD!!!!!
Pucker up, baby!

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.

Old 10-09-2001, 06:43 PM   #50
Absynthe

Just to clarify (It's times like this I wish I had the eloquence of Yorick or Diogenes or Fljotsdale)
I am not complaining about the TYPE of posts, the CONTENT of posts, or the relative newness/oldness of the posters. My point is that the TONE of some posts is becoming rather nasty.
If I were to compare the forum to a pool, I would say do the backstroke, the dogpaddle, the breaststroke, synchronised swimming, or whatever strikes your fancy... but PLEASE DON'T PEE IN THE POOL!
Well, I either cleared that up, or completely confused things.