Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 04:58 AM   #21
The Collective
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
So you buy in to Dwarfs being tougher then a 6 foot man and Dragons roaming the world but not fast females? Would you rather they give female characters higher intelligence and wisdom? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
nice one Caleb! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 07:43 AM   #22
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
So you buy in to Dwarfs being tougher then a 6 foot man and Dragons roaming the world but not fast females? Would you rather they give female characters higher intelligence and wisdom? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
heh heh, yeah no sh*t man [img]smile.gif[/img] I already acknowledged the whole fantasy element of it.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:53 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I am still looking for a game where there is a semi-psychotic kickass female who wields a portable Ion Cannon as a weapon and enjoys massive widespread destruction and total annihilation... ...

Don't ask me why I think I find that sexy... ...

[ 07-19-2002, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 07-19-2002, 08:30 AM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The one time where I might decide to play a female character is in games with pre-made ones. I abhor having to play big, slow and dumb characters. So therefore I sometimes in those games have to pick a female character. Those games often don't have much roleplaying, though [img]tongue.gif[/img] So I suppose it doesn't really matter.

And Hierophant, yes, it WOULD be punishment if every race/class/gender wasn't balanced [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not just "reality" [img]tongue.gif[/img] It'd be just like saying: "In this game world magic is really weak. So mages are weak little shits that get kicked around by everyone else. No balancing elements." [img]tongue.gif[/img] That'd punish everyone that wanted to be a mage [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 08:40 AM   #25
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I agree with Aviendha... The sword-weilding, "I'm-gonna-kick-your-ass" female is just... sexy.
Anyhow, roleplaying is supposed to be about taking on a different persona. Sometimes it is cool to play the Conan-type guy who just obliterates his enemies, or the Solid Snake-type who relies on skill and stealth. But if you want to stretch your imagination and roleplay something different, playing the opposite gender is a good way to go.
Old 07-19-2002, 08:53 AM   #26
Absynthe

I usually play female characters in a game, both for the eye-candy factor in those games where the artwork is good, and for the chance to explore a different type of character. As Aviendha and a couple others have mentioned, powerful women are sexy, and this is all about entertainment. And I really like women. Most of my friends are female.
On another gaming board, I was thought to be a female for about six months, and I didn't say anything to correct it because I was really interested in how people responded to me differently. I found more acceptance of my social/relationship comments and less acceptance of technical comments than on boards where I was thought to be male. Anymore I usually remain unspecified just to see what people will assume about me from what I have to say. It's educational to see how much is colored by people's perception of your gender.
Thanks for the responses, everybody.

Old 07-19-2002, 05:23 PM   #27
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Err....I thought you WERE a female. This is confusing.