Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2000, 05:46 PM   #1
Bishop
Welcomed New User

I'm not very far in the game (like chapter 2 doing Nalia's quest) and I want to edit a character. After finding the flail of the ages, I want to change my profeciency slots to flail/morningstar instead of war hammer. I have heard there is a sweet sweet warhammer in BGII but it is much later in the game and I am thinking I will have a chance to put some more profeciencies back in warhammer by then. blah blah. What I really want to know is if anyone has run into any bugs/blips/beeps or any other problem with a character they had modified with the newest version of ShadowKeeper. I just want to know now so that I don't put 100 more hours into the game and run into a major hang up because I have a hacked character. Editing your character change the game at all?

One more. Is there anyway to edit the other people in your party? Like I would like to give Aerie a profeciency slot in darts instead of some other stupid one i chose (like dagger or something). Is there a way you know of that I can edit her to have the dart slot and take away the stupid dagger one? Will that jack anything up?

Thanks for the input. I am not a cheater in the sense that I want to modify all my character stats to be Gods and just trapse around on people, but it did make some dumb choices that I would like to change to save me the time of starting the game all over.

-Bishop
Old 12-08-2000, 06:03 PM   #2
Magnus Magnificent

I did exactly what you're talking about. I made some poor choices and used Shadowkeep to change them back. It works just fine on NPCs, as well.

Old 12-08-2000, 06:17 PM   #3
Ronn

I've heard you can't edit NPCs in single player mode with Shadowkeeper, so here's a "workaround"...

Using Windows Explorer copy your savegame file from the "C:\program files\black isle\bgII - SoA\save" folder into the "C:\program files\black isle\bgII - SoA\mpsave" folder. This moves it from single player save to multiplayer. Then load a multiplayer game with your save. As soon as it loads save it, then shut down the game move the file from mpsave back to save. This should allow you to edit NPCs. If you add new NPCs you'll have to do it again later.

Old 12-08-2000, 06:51 PM   #4
Khellendros

No, no, you can edit npc in single player mode. They don't even have to be in your party to be edited. Just have the latest version.

Old 12-09-2000, 04:22 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can edit anyone using Shadowkeeper, add proficiency slots, spells, etc. Doesn't matter if they are NPCs or not. Only things to watch out for:

1) if you give yourself XP increases AND proficiency increases greater than what would be allowed by the amount of levels you are leveling up, when you click on the level up button you may have a negative number of proficiencies and will not be able to level up. To avoid this, modify your XP in a separate session to when you are modifying proficiencies.

eg If you give Aerie Grandmastery in Sling (which she can't achieve) and then increase her XP so that she goes up by 3 levels then when you level her up she might have -4 proficiency points. So add the XP first, then level up, then add the proficiencies.

2) Changing kits/classes for NPCs. You will have to add the innate abilities of the class/kit separately. Eg if you change Keldorn from an Inquisitor to an Undead Hunter, you will have to remove his dispel magic etc manually and add immunity to level drain etc manually which can be a bit tricky.

That's about it, Shadowkeeper is a great tool to use to get maximum enjoyment out of the game. Keep checking the Shadowkeeper site for the latest copy.