Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #121
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Detheriel stood close by his broad-shouldered companion, inwardly seething at the course of events that had taken place.

You should have known that was the guard captain! You should have been more cautious in a strange place! rang the accusing voices in his head, only serving to deepen the frown upon his forehead.

The bandit's pathetic pleadings roused him from self-recrimination and the full horror of their predicament gradually began to sink in as he confronted the prospect of confinement for the first time in his life. His spirits were lowered even further as he could hear that Telryn was uneasy; he had built up enough familiarity with the man to recognise the over-politeness that was a substitute for a lack of options.

As he began to contemplate being locked within a cell, Detheriel felt his stomach begin to tighten uncomfortably. A city, although busy, he could cope with. Being confined in a tiny cell was quite another proposition however. For a man that had spent most of his time living out of doors, it was almost unthinkable.

Acutely concious of the two guards standing close to him, he eyed the doorway and wondered if he could make it outside before they could stop him. No! he reminded himself, fighting against the panic that was slowly rising as the minutes went by. You can't abandon Telryn and Nivram, not after you got them into this!

He acquiesced to his conscience and stood mute whilst the guard and Telryn spoke. The room felt hot and sweaty, so Detheriel just focused on clenching his fists as he stood there, the pain of his nails digging in giving him something to focus on.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #122
dplax
Jack Burton

For the new guests of the prison:

The captain shot a sly look at Jason.

"A bandit eh? Our town is very hospitable to your type. You'll have full board and nourishment for the next dozen years if what that man has said is true," he said pointing to Telryn.

"As to the predicament you have gotten yourselves in," he continued, while signalling two of his men to take Jason to one of the cells, "Nivram Batteson is a wanted criminal in this town, wanted for the crime of causing a public fight in this town's tavern twenty eight months ago. You were found to be travelling in a wanted criminal's company, and what's worse, you," he pointed at Detheriel "showed your resolve to defend this criminal with violent means."

He paused for a moment, handing a key from the keyring to his men taking Jason. They left the entrance room of the prison, turning right after the door, the opposite direction as the one Nivram had been taken in.

"As to your concerns," the guard captain went on, addressing Telryn, "You shall have the chance to defend yourselves in front of this town's tribunal in a trial at a later date. Your story shall be taken down in the presence of a scribe when the two of you aren't together so that the versions can be matched together."

He selected two more keys from the keyring.

"If you have anything to say before you are locked up, now is the time to do so. The next time you shall see me will be in the morning when I come back to interrogate the pair of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Jason:

The two guards led him around a sharp left bend, and then along a wide corridor. Several iron doors lined the corridor on both sides. Voices could be heard behind some, reacting to the noise made by their footsteps.

Jason was taken to a door not far from the end of the corridor, on the right. While one of the guards held the door open, the other roughly shoved Jason inside.

The door clanged shut.

Once Jason got used to the darkness, lit only by the thin shaft of light creeping in under the door, he could see that the only furnishing of the room was a thin straw mattress in a corner.

"I'ma keepin' ma mattress!"

The sudden voice came from behind Jason. It's source was a frail old man, his white hair reaching past his abdomen, and his beard beating his chest.

"Ye'll 'ave ta sleep on da stone!"

Edit: Jonas -> Jason...sorry for the mixup...

[ 02-07-2007, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #123
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

You can keep your bloody matttress old man. Jason growled.It was an evil sound. He turned to examine the room and cracked his fingers meaningfully. I have no plans to stay here, whether by the hangmans nuse or my own designs i will escape. You, however, will be here for the rest of your life. He laughed to himself. He had no time for friends right now.

[ 02-09-2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #124
dplax
Jack Burton

For Jason:

The man's facial expression did not change in the least.

"Suit yerself. But dun go blamin' me if ya stay 'ere for more dan a week."

The old man eased himself down on the mattress and turned to face the wall in a lying position.

"Ye know..dat was a pretty wicked growl ya just produced back there...back when I was picking apples in Fitynga growls like dat were not uncommon, but dey came from dem beasts...lions dey called 'em. You arent' descended from one of dem fellas, righ?"
Old 02-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #125
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

His facial expression changed only slightly as he thought. The name didn't even sound familiar but then again nothing sounded familiar any more, nothing but the sound of metal on metal as the two clashed together in battle. Gods, he had killed so many. And for what? He was in a cell now, with a man who looked almost thirty of forty years his seinor. Maybe life in a cell did that to people.
The memory of the mage in the woods flashed into his mind, his companion destroyed by fire. He shuddered.

No,i dont think so.I would remember beasts, i think. He ran his fingers through his hair. Maybe this man posessed the information he needed. Wouldn't hurt to ask. So, old man, What do you know about this place? Gaurd rotation, meal times, anything would be helpful. He sat on the floor and crossed his legs while he folded his hands on his lap. All the while crazy ideas floated through his head.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #126
dplax
Jack Burton

For Jason:

The old man sat bolt upright when hearing Jason talk.

"Meals? Meals?! MEALS!!"

He jumped up and almost ran over to the steel door, hammering on it with his fists, his beard and hair flying all about the place as his upper body wildly flayed about.

"Ye bastards! Ye lousy bastards! Not since de battle of Baytop Keep have ya given me da food I deserve!"

He continued hammering on the door, the sounds echoing throughout the corridor. Then he abruptly stopped and turned to face Jason, directly staring him in the eye.

"Ye shouldn't worry about the guards," he said, with a wink in his eye, "dey think me mad an' never come 'ere when I bang on de door."

The old man started laughing. Slowly at first, then more and more uncontrollably, until he was rolling on the floor, tears playing at the corners of his eyes.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #127
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason clenched his fist as if to punch the old man, but checked the motion.It wouldn't do to kill the old man in a place that was full of gaurds.

Can you give me any information or not you old bastard! I've no time for your decrepid nonesense! Do you know what they have in store for me? Ah? If you did then you wouldn't laugh so hard.

His voice became soft and quiet.

They are going to put me to death for crimes i commited, ha, if they only knew the real truth, the whole system would come down on them.

He clutched his head in pain and closed his eyes.What had he been saying? Damn! It happend again! What could be done about this? He would have to get out of here for a start.He returned his attention back to the old man.

So, can you help me or not?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM   #128
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- writer’s block is a terrible thing. I apologize for this post in advance; my impish muse seems to be in hiding

Suki, the imp! Or, the adventures of the curious sugar glider

Suki sat complacently at the aine’s feet, where she had been placed. She blinked her beady eyes first at the mean hume, then at the younger hume. She chittered again; she could tell by the tone of the noises they were emitting that she had gotten the younger hume in trouble. sneaky sneak, hume, she thought mischievously.

After a few brief moments of this though, the sugar glider was bored – again. Swinging her head around to look for any corner that had escaped her havoc, an interesting smell piqued her nose. The smell of feathers, and dust. It seemed to be emanating from the younger hume – male hume, her nose confirmed. While all eyes were still upon him, Suki quickly scurried over to the doorframe and hid in the shadow of a toppled decorative pot.

The sugar glider could feel her mouth start watering at the thought of fowl, and she started to clean her face instinctively. Where there is fowl, there are eggs. Or bugs. Maybe even some nuts and grain, she wasn’t picky. She tensed up when the aine moved towards the door, and bounded out and around the doorframe before the male hume was kicked out. Waiting impatiently for him to stop staring at the door, Suki eagerly followed after him at a distance as he made his way down the stairs.

After what felt like eons he finally reached his room – where food hopefully lay within. If not, she could always gift him with a little havoc until the situation changed and there was food. Sneaking in after him – tail almost clipped as he closed the door behind him – she hid under one of the beds, sniffing with interest at the dusty floorboards.

Aided by her nose, she carefully poked about the room, smelling anything that piqued curiousity; after a few minutes she came to the conclusion that this hume was also lacking in the food department. But wait, what was he doing? Suki watched with beady eyes as he threw various odds and ends on the floor; after eyeing various lumps of fabric he picked them up and proceeded to leave.

Waiting until he left the room, Suki skittered out from under the bed and examined the new objects, her nose wriggling in excitement. New toys! Finding a particularly shiny shard of metal, the soft gray coloured marsupial dragged it off under the bed where she had previously been hiding. Wandering back she continued her investigation, dragging away anything else that she deemed worthy of her possession – giving the holey sock a wide girth after it threatened to burn her nose with its strange smells. All too soon the hume came back up the stairs – she zoomed back to her hiding spot.

Suki watched as he picked out a small, shiny, thin metal object and stuck a piece of string through it. She almost chittered with delight as she watched him futilely try to tie holes closed. Hume were so amusing. Deciding he was engrossed with his task, she continued her meanderings. Behind him was a round, shallow, metal object – bowl, she remembered the aine calling it. From this emanated a tantalizing smell, that Suki recognized as chicken. There didn’t appear to be anything remaining in it, but she couldn’t be sure. Glancing at the bowl and back up at the hume, she weighed her options. Deciding that the male hume did not pose enough of a threat she slinked forward for a closer investigation of the object.

Suki

The sugar glider stopped and reared her head. Aine was ruining her fun! She paused for a moment, then after not hearing the aine call again, Suki continued towards her goal. She snuffled the metal bowl in disappointment. Empty. Gaining confidence with the nearness of the aine, she boldly moved up to the preoccupied male hume, who was still unaware that two intruders were nearby – one much closer than the other. Perhaps there was something edible kept in its pockets? Suki aimed to find out.

ooc – what has it gots in its pocketses? :3 again, apologies if this post seems a bit half hazard.
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #129
dplax
Jack Burton

For Jason

Silence followed Jason's words. Almost deliberately, as if he savoured the young man's discomfort, the old man allowed the silence to perdure. His left hand twirled his beard unconsciously. Finally, after what must have been several minutes he broke the uneasy stillness, his voice barely resembling the one he had used previously. Venom and hatred spewed from the old man's voice, both directed towards Jason. His voice was also much clearer, almost as if he had lost a few decades of age.

"Call me old or decrepid again and don't be surprised if you do not wake up after the next time you sleep"

In the deathly silence that followed his words, the sounds of a guard passing in front of the door sounded almost as drums beating in the distance.

"I really like de roses in spring. Don't you?" he said without warning.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #130
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason laughed and shook his head.Roses in spring? The man was never going to give him a straight answer was he? Yes, roses used to be my favorite flowers. And about the decrepid thing... I wasn't myself. Please forgive me.My situation is stressing.Why are you in here anyway? I cant see you as a killer or cutthroat. So what happened? If you dont mind telling of course. He wasnt going anywhere after all.

[ 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: DrowArchmage ]