Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 01:14 AM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
My daughter said if you didn't read the book first then the movie is decent enough, but if you did happen to read the book first then you will be let down.
<font color=skyblue>I broke down and went today, and am glad I did. I have not read the books, but plan to. However, this movie was decent enough for me to feel that I got my money's worth by going. Again, I am glad I went. </font>
Old 12-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #22
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I just saw it today too, in was interesting and I got myself the books. I plan to read them once I get some free time.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #23
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Did saw it today. As I thought it would be a let down but it was a decent movie nonetheless. :| I did like the air-fight in the end. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It do have some minor errors according to the book.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #24
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
It do have some minor errors according to the book
Don't all Book-to-movies?
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 PM   #25
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I watched it last night with my wife. Both of us liked it. Not the best movie I've seen, but not bad. Also, neither of us had read the book, so we couldn't be disappointed by things that didn't match up.

It was good enough to make me want to read the book though.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #26
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />It do have some minor errors according to the book
Don't all Book-to-movies? </font>[/QUOTE]I'm going to say "no" to that. And it's only because I saw Seabiscuit and some time later there was documentary on it. The movie was exactly the same. I guess when you have a great story, you don't need to mess with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #27
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I just finished reading both novels over the holidays. I'd say they cut at least 50% out of the first novel, I'm wondering how they'll handle the second movie if they do it.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #28
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I thought the movie was great. There was enough magic / wizardry / adventure for me to forget my usual cynical self and I really enjoyed it.

I was the only person in my party that thought it was good (but then, I was the only RPG nerd), others found the plot ridiculously fast paced, cheesy and a LOTR rip-off. Funniest line: "Our smiths worked overnight to forge this huge dragon suit..." lol

[ 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #29
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

In the novel that place is actually the dwarven capital, and they actually got the armor from leftovers from the dragonrider age.

Eragon doesn't fight the shade (evil mage) from dragonback, the shade never fly, they both fight on the ground and Eragon win by luck and get a wound that has an effect on him in the second book. Also, it wasn't Eragon that shot the arrow at the shade the first time they fought, it was the other guy, the son or morgoth. They didn't know where the elf was prisoner either, they didn't just stroll up to the castle and attack it.

Now that I'm started, Eragon's brother doesn't leave his town. Saphira doesn't instantly grow. Brom is actually older, the elf is unconcious for 2/3 the novel after the free her and she doesn't leave at the end. etc.

They cut so much elements that are vital for the second one, I really don't see how they can make a movie without cutting most of the plot out. If they do, I don't even want to know what will be left for the third one.

[ 01-04-2007, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote