Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2001, 12:07 AM   #1
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wanted to get the Holy Avenger prior entering chapter 4. I am a Cavalier and I thought it would be nice to have the weapon a little early.
So I worked hard and got in to a position to give my team a fighting chance to beat him. First, I used the chaos spell- he disintegrated. $$$ but no sword- figured the spell destroyed it. I tried this time with Snow storm and cloud. Weakened him enuff and just melee'd to win. STILL NO SWORD!!!

Wasap! Is their a plot limit to when I can have the sword since I am a Paladin (Cavalier)? I have heard that the Holy Avenger is the key to getting your stronghold? Is it true?

BTW- I got every possible weapon proficiency that takes advantage of the sword (Double handed, single Weapon, etc.) SO I am DYING to use this sword- so far I have only Lilacor as a decent double handed weapon! I am at Chapter 3- one step to chapter 4.

Thanx in advance to all.
Old 11-17-2001, 12:30 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I think because you're a paladin you shouldn't kill him until you're told to by the radiant heart, since it is part of your stronghold quests. I imagine this is why you're not getting the sword - because you're killing him before you're supposed to.
Old 11-17-2001, 02:42 AM   #3
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep!

Got the sword. I had to get the order from the Order. Frikrag also 'dropped' some more goodies- more money and a robe. B4 it was just $1500.

Thanx Aelia. Now off to Chapter 4 with the Holy Avenger!
Old 11-17-2001, 07:25 AM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Maybe it is because you started off as a Paladin. I first got the sword when I started the game as a fighter/cleric.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society