Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-09-2001, 07:55 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:
I needed Cernd to kill Faldorn to complete the quest, but I let him go afterwards. I didn't take Nalia because I didn't NEED her to complete the keep. Do I have to take Valygar to finish the planar sphere? I really don't want to kill him because I'm good-aligned.

Hmmmm... I did not make Cernd join my party, I just slapped him on his back, said how he had a duty as a Druid, blah, blah, blah... I basically encouraged him to face the Shadow Druid leader himself while I observed. It was fun to watch him maul her in his Werewolf form.

As for Valgar... I was too lazy to make him join me so I killed him.

Had to lug his body around while I fought the Shadow Dragon and Shadow Lord.

I know that ain't role-playing, [img]redface.gif[/img] but I wanted to take the easy way out. [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 08:35 AM   #12
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:
I needed Cernd to kill Faldorn to complete the quest, but I let him go afterwards. I didn't take Nalia because I didn't NEED her to complete the keep. Do I have to take Valygar to finish the planar sphere? I really don't want to kill him because I'm good-aligned.

Get Valygar and just take him to the entrance and open the door. Then let him go. You can finish the quest without him. Watch out for those halflings. PS. if you go through the left entrance to the room where you put the demon's heart, you can reactivate the sphere without messing with the golems. Or at least I did.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-09-2001, 08:41 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually... those Golems are a joke. The Iron Golem is stuck and blocks the smaller Golems. Melf's Minute Meteors and Sling of Everard them to death for free Xp.

IIRC, there is only a stray Clay Golem you need to take care of, nothing Stoneskin and Mirror Image can't handle.