Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-03-2001, 05:27 AM   #1
Paxsenarrion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello everyone [img]smile.gif[/img] I need help in a very bad way... but anyone who has not yet finished the game once may want to avoid reading further (SPOILER: You have been warned *grin*)

Having said that, I desprately hope there are some other Baldur's Crack addicts like me out there who are on (at least) their second time through. Here is my problem:

In Hell, final battle with Irenicus... I have all the Tears, open the door, he summons demons, turns into the Slayer, etc. Well, the first time I played through I killed him and he dies a spectacular death, cut to waking up in Suldnessar, yay hurrah and happy ending. THIS time, we have a major bug...

This time the Slayer casts a few protective spells, and then just STOPS MOVING. He stands there, and when I'm done killing demons he's STILL standing there, I walk up and stand in front of him, offering my throat, and he STILL stands there. Hrm. So I kill him. Slayer goes POOF and the dialogue box says Slayer - Unsummoned. And nothing happens. The battle is over, there is no death gasp from Irenicus, I do not have my soul, and we just sit there.

In hell.

And sit there.

And sit there...

You can see how this is a MADDENING anticlimax.

This wouldn't be a problem except that I'd really like to take this party onward into ToB (the first time I screwed up the Anomen romance, missed a lot of good stuff, etc). I NEED to finish this game *laugh*

SO... as near as I can figure out, I must have screwed something up with Shadow Keeper, and here is what I think might help me (although I am open to suggestions):

Could anyone out there who still has their final save and has ShadowKeeper copy ALL the Global Attributes to an email and send them to me so I can compare and see what I might have possibly screwed up? I know a lot of them are going to be different anyhow, but it's the only place I can think of to look for clues.

Thank you sooo much for reading through all this and for any help/advice you can offer.

I think my email address should post with this automatically, but just in case it's sefiryetzirah@hotmail.com. Danke!
Old 11-03-2001, 06:31 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

ROFLMAO!!!!!
Have you ever heard of Simulacrums? I believe you were fighting that instead. Just look around a little more in hell, I'm pretty sure Irenicus is still walking around somewhere.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:43 AM   #3
Paxsenarrion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Grojlach...

Oh MY God... of course, you were right. How embarassing!!! And I even use Simulacrum all the time, myself, so I'm quite familiar with the spell.

I guess it never occured to me that stupid-ass Irenicus would let me trounce the Sim and then NOT come after me! I went looking for him and then found him WAAAAYYYY down at the bottom right corner of the screen... Sneaky bastard. I guess in Hell though you DO have all eternity to keep winning at Hide and Go Seek. Classic case of pseudo-stupidity on my part... here I thought I was going to have to re-code *shudder* I hang my head in shame. Neat, though, that his tactics changed in this battle, since this is a trick he didn't pull the last time I played the game through.

Thanks a lot for your help! [img]smile.gif[/img] I am now ready for ToB (woo-HOO!!!)
Old 11-03-2001, 07:45 AM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

It took me a little while to figure that out as well. Actually the longer you leave him the easier he gets as all his protections start to wear off. If you do find him he should go down quite easily...