Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2002, 07:35 PM   #1
RocketPropelledGrenade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

looking to buy one or two RPG/ computer games this summer. Any suggesions about which one(s) would be best?

Also, what is the general opinon about the new Bioware game Lionheart?
will it be any good?

Thanks for everything!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

IWD2 is supposedly due out on the 28th, but I mainly posted because thats a great name. I like that!!!!! RPG's are popular worldwide! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Now blow something up!!!!!!

[ 05-23-2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Lord of Alcohol ]
Old 05-23-2002, 07:41 PM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Depends on what you like. Icewind dale 2 is coming out so that might be a good choice.

As for Lionheart. I don't know yet. I'm a bit skeptic though. Not so much about the engine or the SPECIAL system but more what gameplay is concerned. I'm not sure but if it's going to be true real time it might be a bit difficult to use magic in a good way. Wait and see, i guess.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:13 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Morrowwind elder scrolls III looks good. but the requirements are pretty high and you need a really damn video card or else it wont work.

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-23-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... well, not too sure yet about Lionheart, not enough information out, though it may be interesting... check out Divine Divinity ( www.larian.com or www.rpgplanet.com/divinity ) and Neverwinter Nights (erm... link from www.blackisle.com or www.planetneverwinter.com or of course check our IW-NWN board). Not sure about MW, haven't played it yet... IWD2 is fuzzy, maybe that... [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd have to recommend DD and NWN, though, I think. [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh, and I think www.planetdivinity.com is another site for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 09:31 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My votes would be for IWD2, NWN, and possibly Morrowind. Lionheart is a December release so pick that up for Christmas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-23-2002, 09:31 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

I'm all about Morrowind ElderScrolls III
I have forgotten to sleep twice this week. i got it the day it came out, and i've been loving everyminute of it.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:52 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
before i start naming all kinds of titles, what games you already have ?
Old 05-24-2002, 05:23 PM   #9
RocketPropelledGrenade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

not many. I borrowed games from a friend (ground control, BGII, ToB, Summoner) Other than that i don't have any games. I really like GC and BG2, of course. He didn't lend me any FPS games but I have played a few of those on other peoples computers. [img]smile.gif[/img] Know i like blowing things up and shooting other things to pieces.

What is this jedi outcast i am hearing about? supposedly an awesome FPS. there is another discussion on that one [self entitled] on the GD. Look forward to new posts [img]smile.gif[/img]