Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-19-2001, 02:32 AM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

seriously, how many of you 'older folks' tend to ignore us 'little kids' merely because we're kids? i was rereading some things lately, and realized that the younger ones were almost completely ignored. i think i speak for us all when i say that our opinions are as valid as the next man's, albeit slightly less informed possibly. so the question is, do you people tend to dismiss us because we're younger, whether you realize it or not? and if so, why?

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-19-2001, 02:56 AM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Just because im a meanie!
Old 10-19-2001, 03:06 AM   #3
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
seriously, how many of you 'older folks' tend to ignore us 'little kids' merely because we're kids? i was rereading some things lately, and realized that the younger ones were almost completely ignored. i think i speak for us all when i say that our opinions are as valid as the next man's, albeit slightly less informed possibly. so the question is, do you people tend to dismiss us because we're younger, whether you realize it or not? and if so, why?

If you mean older as in age, then being over 40, I qualify?

I personally don't pay any attention to age at all - if I have seen how old someone is, I've probably forgotten it 5 minutes later. I view and reply by content. If someone makes a point that I think is interesting, or I want to debate, then I will reply. I'm not a prolific poster, but I'm happy to talk to (just about) everyone, regardless of age.

I get ignored at times, as well. At first I found this annoying, but now I apply the same criteria to others that I use myself. People have the right not to reply if they don't want to. I doubt very much that people don't reply simply because of the age of the poster.

Perhaps older people also just have a different outlook on things, as well. This can't be helped, its just the way things are !!

Pangur Ban

------------------
-------------------------------------------

( Insert picture of hissing cat with arched back and bristling tail here .... )

-------------------------------------------
"Sad is the society where people may walk their dogs in public without wearing a helmet and protective kneepads ...."
Old 10-19-2001, 03:06 AM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah Sephiroth, all us young uns group together, you me, kaz, lioness anbd some others

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-19-2001, 03:24 AM   #5
Rikard

I don;t see how we are being ignored Sephi
Though i have to say
incase you post very childish things (no it like this because i say it is) I tend to ignore it aswell (I'm not sayiong you post like this, it's just a selfmade example) it has nothing to do with age
Personally the people i ignore are normally hard-headed once, those who give their own opinion and never listen to what others think.
You have to image that not all the stuff you say can be replied too.
My posts are often not replied to either
That don;t mean nobody reads it or takes it to mind.

Also remember that the lots of the people you regular taking to are oldies aswell

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Druidic Sorcerer of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Spam Sentinal of the Ironworks
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-19-2001, 03:27 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Heavens, SSJ4Sephiroth! I always pay attention to what anyone says on the board, old or young. Just for the record, I've seen a lot of "youngsters" on this board display a lot more insight and maturity than some of the older posters...naming no names, of course.

Now if you're talking about the "silly" threads, I may be prone to skirt over those...but those are for fun and are generally constrained to a few participants. Other times I may plunge in, depending upon how the mood strikes me. I take it, though, you aren't referring to those, but to the threads where there are honest opinions and thoughts being offered.

I'm really curious...who do you think has been ignoring you, or others?

------------------
Old 10-19-2001, 05:04 AM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Heavens, SSJ4Sephiroth! I always pay attention to what anyone says on the board, old or young. Just for the record, I've seen a lot of "youngsters" on this board display a lot more insight and maturity than some of the older posters...naming no names, of course.

Now if you're talking about the "silly" threads, I may be prone to skirt over those...but those are for fun and are generally constrained to a few participants. Other times I may plunge in, depending upon how the mood strikes me. I take it, though, you aren't referring to those, but to the threads where there are honest opinions and thoughts being offered.

I'm really curious...who do you think has been ignoring you, or others?

ah, nobody in particular, i was just reading over some old threads and noticed some. they were some of the more serious threads too, but i think it might have been a coincidence... oh well. i wrote this at 1 in the morning, its 4 now so i think i'll go to bed... g'night!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-19-2001, 05:18 AM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
ah, nobody in particular, i was just reading over some old threads and noticed some. they were some of the more serious threads too, but i think it might have been a coincidence... oh well. i wrote this at 1 in the morning, its 4 now so i think i'll go to bed... g'night!

Though I do what you are talking about
when someone admitted their true age, then ALL the sudden there were NO replies to their posts.
perhaps it's because older ones think the young were not 'serious' enough or don't 'understand'

don't worry over it
it's a 'phase' they get over it

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
The Host of Sigs
Old 10-19-2001, 06:18 AM   #9
Garnet

Seph

(sheepishly admitting) until the recent thread on ages, I had no idea *how* young some of you are!!! So this doesn't apply for me!

I only read threads which catch my attention for some reason. If I feel the need to reply, I usually do, regardless of who posted.

(I *will* admit that if I went strictly by some responses, I would have expected far older posters given the insight and obvious thought put into some subjects. *Very* pleasant surprise to find they were the 'youngsters' who will carry on after us 'old folks''! )

Garnet

Old 10-19-2001, 06:23 AM   #10
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

I sort of reply to everything and don't take age into consideration. I look at the topic and decide if I can contribute. That's about all. Yup...that pretty much sums up what I do. You betcha, thats it in a shell.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]