Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-16-2003, 06:43 PM   #21
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
What on here? Ok!

Did you also see the original eps 24&25? Man, talked about messed up...very very strange...and End Of Evangelion was...not much better. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Of course I don't mean quality-wise, Eva is one of the best anime series I know. But I find it very depressing. Though the EoE ending is "make-your-own", so...

On a different note, anyone seen Oh! My Goddess? I have seen all 5 OAV's and the movie. Great stuff! Also one of my favourites. Also Read Or Die was good...if a little short.
Nope, I've seen the lot but eps 25, talk but annoing huh?
Love EoE ending, Shinji and Auska lieing on the shore, and the Eva god thing floats of into space. Kinda left questions huh? Funny thing is he only made because he got death threats for the other ending, come its only a show.

Never seen Oh my Goddess, thinking about buying it though.
Problem is over here we go a back log of stuff in with censorers, hell even DB/z/gt is out yet! We have to deal with pokemon (With removed eposides) and stuff like Alien/Idol of darkness censorsed henti. and little in between.

You seen X? Now that got a twisted ending!
Old 08-16-2003, 06:53 PM   #22
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, its really hard to get Anime here (I'm from England too ). Never saw X, and yes, Pokemon sucks...

I've seen loads of other ones though.
Princess Mononoke, Iria, Gunsmith Cats, Read Or Die, Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo (now that is funny!), Love Hina (also very funny), Akira (first part only - gory and also depressing).

I want to see Ninja Scroll. Erm...can't think of any others at the moment...oh yeah! Trigun I wanna see, as well as Escaflowne.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #23
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Yeah, its really hard to get Anime here (I'm from England too ). Never saw X, and yes, Pokemon sucks...

I've seen loads of other ones though.
Princess Mononoke, Iria, Gunsmith Cats, Read Or Die, Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo (now that is funny!), Love Hina (also very funny), Akira (first part only - gory and also depressing).

I want to see Ninja Scroll. Erm...can't think of any others at the moment...oh yeah! Trigun I wanna see, as well as Escaflowne.
Oh.. Never check these day.

Princess Monokoke is great, Ninja scroll pretty good two, just found out it got a sequal the other day called Ninja Resecrtion. Escaflowne is great but only about half ot it been relesed yet unless you watch when fox kids re-runs it.. but I don't it censored. Didn't like Akira much myself, I mean it was just SO boring!

Haven't seen the others and never heared of Trigun, Iria or even Read or die.

Some you should try and see are Gunbuster, a true classic!, Execl saga and Dragon Half, real great laughs.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #24
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Trigun's pretty good, I didn't care for Escaflowne much though, too much like Gundam Wing.

X... I know I've seen it, my memories a bit foggy though, is that the one with the dragons of Earth/Heaven defending the shields of Tokyo?
Old 08-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #25
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just call this thread the "Official Anime Disscusion Thread" and there should not be a problem.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 08-16-2003, 07:35 PM   #26
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Trigun's pretty good, I didn't care for Escaflowne much though, too much like Gundam Wing.

X... I know I've seen it, my memories a bit foggy though, is that the one with the dragons of Earth/Heaven defending the shields of Tokyo?
Yep that the one, great ending..

I got work tommrow so I gotta be off for now.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:58 AM   #27
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Wow, X sounds interesting...

I plan to get Escaflowne off my friend who has the entire series on CD.

I've seen lots of Sailor Moon too, though I didn't enjoy it much...a little corny, IMO.

I've also seen Record Of Loddoss War: Chronicles Of The Heroic Knight...the first part anyway, Battle Angel Alita, Blood: The Last Vampire (good, but left very open), Vampire Hunter D: BLoodlust (now THAT is good!) and the film of Ghost In The Shell.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:21 AM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've changed the title. Talk anime all you want in here, doesn't bother me at all, but no petty rivalries or little games of one-upsmanship, eh?

Old 08-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #29
Sakuri23
Dungeon Master

I really liked Escaflowne (I have all 8 DVD's).. I also watched Cowboy Bebop. Some of the episodes were really funny (the mushroom episode)! I am starting to watch Soul Taker.. It is really good so far. I've watched alot of other anime, and have liked most of them. Evangelion was ok. I was a little confused and disappointed at the end.

For movies, I loved Ninja Scroll... It was a great story.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #30
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakuri23:
I really liked Escaflowne (I have all 8 DVD's).. I also watched Cowboy Bebop. Some of the episodes were really funny (the mushroom episode)! I am starting to watch Soul Taker.. It is really good so far. I've watched alot of other anime, and have liked most of them. Evangelion was ok. I was a little confused and disappointed at the end.

For movies, I loved Ninja Scroll... It was a great story.
Yeah, the Eva endings are a little sad and confusing...but they didn't need to send him death threats because of the original eps 24 & 25. Man, its only a series. So I guess EoE is a "in your face" kind of ending. To me it says "you wanted a different ending, well, here it is." Poor guy. I wouldn't want to recieve death threats...

Soul Taker? Haven't heard of that one...what's the genre, would you say? Like fantasy, sci-fi, etc...