Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-03-2001, 10:31 AM   #51
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Draggor runs over to Tancred, and gets there really quickly with his boots of speed, and says " I've got two questions for you holy boy. Number 1, is that really karnas and number 2, what do you recommend we do about him? I don't appreciate being called a tinbonce or being stuck with paperwork."

------------------
WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 12:12 PM   #52
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Rhazor, turning to see Tancred fighting off what seems like a powerful Mage, pulls out his Moonblade. He closes his eyes and begins to chant something. Suddenly a bright light from what seems out of nowhere shines down upon him. He pulls back his blade and charges toward the Mage.
Old 07-03-2001, 12:31 PM   #53
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

an aura of magic surrounds artemis pushing melusine away from him. his body rises slowly into the air. his body starts to change twisting and turning, writhing and riggling. a black mist surrounds him. when it lifts his skin is dark red, his scar down his left arm is gone and every part of him seems shiney and new, yet somehow old and evil. He gently floats back down to the ground and starts walking towards the tunnel to the cavern....

------------------

Bruce The Aussie
Old 07-03-2001, 05:34 PM   #54
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: This is an attempt to unify the suddenly odd time-differential.

Tancred can see the questions in Draggor's eyes, but can only meet them with one answer. "Run! Get away from him!" as he darts toward the exit. Karnas, busy with dealing with Lord Raptor and Slaughter Margin, doesn't notice.

There is a look of extreme concentration on Karnas' face as he starts another spell; but the incantation goes unfinished. Suddenly, he simply disappears. Rhazor's sword strikes air.

Gasping for breath, Tancred stops, his lungs bursting. He leans against the wall, trying to marshal his thoughts and breath.
Karnas? Out of the sword?
Tancred thinks back - to the stories he had been told about the mage. A former Cowled Wizard, a renegade troublemaker who had become too unstable to remain within such an organisation but too slippery for them to catch. A man who treated the world and everything in it as a kind of personal playground, who was never really serious about anything. He had changed, of course; but now that he was out of the sword, would he remember any of the lessons he had been taught?
He checks both ways of the corridor before getting ready to run. He feels a guilty twang at abandoning the rest of the bar patrons, but takes the view thet Karnas will probably leave them alone if they have the sense to leave him alone. He gets ready to run.
"BOO!" says a voice.
"AAGH!" Tancred jumps, surprised, as Karnas simply steps out of the shadows.
"Heh. You can run, Holy-boy, but you can't hide."
"How... how did you do that?"
The mage looks puzzled for a few seconds. "Hmm, can't say I rightly know. Not a clue. Still, it proves that you just can't get the drop on Karnas Thoth!"
"My great-grandmother did."
"Making up for sheer lack of intelligence and ability with simple persistence. Yes, thank you for reminding me. I'm going to kill you now."
"Why? What possible grieviance could you have against me?"
"WEeeeeeeeel... none, really. I guess I'm just theorising that as long as YOU'RE alive, I can be put back in there. It's a family sword, as you and I both know." Karnas gestures at the sword.
"What... what if I don't try and put you in there?"
"Hmmmmm... well, better safe than sorry."
"You're not really a very nice person, are you, Karnas?"
The mage grins. "Nope."
"And you're going to kill me, no matter what I do."
The grin widens. "Yep. Sorry and all... but I don't really like you."
Tancred sighs. "Then I suppose there's only one thing left to say."
"And what is that?"
"I never liked you either, you madman!"
Karnas's grin becomes brittle. He begins intoning a spell; Tancred guages the distance between him and the mage, weighs up the chances of getting Karnas with the sword before the spell gets off, and decides it's not going to happen.

A sudden BOOM interrupts Karnas mid-spell. " ... polchier imperium... What was that?"
The two figures stare down the corridor to see a vast, rocky form charging down the corridor to meet them at speed. It roars in a deep basso tone, the tunnel floor cracking under its' immense weight.
Karnas stares, openmouthed. "Holy pants... How am I expected to work under these conditions?"
A spell flies from the mage's fingers towards the colossus, but the energies of the spell dissipate against the creature's skin.
"Hmmm." Karnas' brow furrows. "Holy-boy, I don't suppose you have a Ring of Earth on you, do you?"
"Er, no. It was in the Bag of Holding, remember?"
"Damn. Right then, we'd better -"
The creature ROARs again, thudding both fists into the roof of the tunnel. The roof collapses, burying the creature under tons of rubble and rock. Dust covers the scene for a few seconds, but when it clears the creature is gone.
"Ha! There's a problem that sorts itself ou -"
The creature steps from the rock like a swimmer from water. The Elemental roars again, charging once more.
"Erm... Karnas?"
"What, Holy-boy? I'm trying to think."
"I don't know about you, but I can run and think. I'm going to do a lot of running and thinking right now."
Karnas looks at the Elemental, a bare ten feet away.
"Yeah, I'll go with that. RUN!"
"RUN!"
The two figures, renegade Mage and folorn Paladin, run for it, with an Elemental in hot pursuit.

OOC: I think that works...

Tancred
Old 07-03-2001, 05:47 PM   #55
Lord Shield

OOC: Lord Raptor summoned that elemental - he loves watching wizards trying to fight them - you may run, but the elemental is after Karnas. Lord Raptor is close behind with Improved Invisibility on
The Borg Cube careens into the nebula. The huge mass ignores the cube. However, Wah set the core to destruct. The clustered nuclear explosion was immense, but served only to distract the Chaos entity
But this distraction was costly. The battered Old Ones hammered him from all angles, not letting u even one inch. The battle in the stars has turned

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-03-2001, 06:29 PM   #56
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Jabidas hurls himself around the corner, spots 2 fleeting figuers from the corner of his slanted eyes and runs headfirst into a rather large earth elemental. The sorcerer ducks under its feet as it lumbers on ocasionaly bashing into a wall breaking it down dust fills the air behind it. The voice of Jabidas calls out can anyone get this friggin collar off and ill turn these upity freaks into a large portions of bleeding scar tissue with the requisite helpings of shattered bone fragments, anyone?. Im also could at mage disposal and general breaking of things. Ahem.

------------------
Old 07-04-2001, 04:04 AM   #57
Lord Shield

Jabidas hears Lord Raptor's voice:
LR:
Jab: "They've lost their power - what happened there?"
LR:
Jab: "Excellent. That blackball knew what it was doing then"
The collar is a useless lump now. You may cast spells now

------------------

Old 07-04-2001, 05:08 AM   #58
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Draggor nearly gets run down by karnas and Tancred as they run past. He gets up and dusts himself off, but before he can give chase he hears a roar behind him.
He turns to see an extremely large earth elemental bearing down on what he believes to be a helpless jabidas(sp?). "oh well, back to work. I guess I should save him. Let the paladin deal with his own problems. WAAAAGGGGHHH!!" Draggor screams his war cry as he charges in, Stormhammer held high.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Old 07-04-2001, 10:20 AM   #59
Link
Jack Burton

Hey there people! I bet all these problems still exist cos Link is not in the bar! But he's back!

"Jesus, LS! It smells in here!" Link yells at the bartender.
"Not me, Link" the bartender answers.
"What is that smell?" Link mutters and he looks around. Nothing weird in the bar. Two crazy wizards being pursued by an Earth Elemental. WHAT? Link draws his sword and jumps into the battle.
"Hey stinky-face! Over here!"
The earth elemental grunts, and slowly turns his head. Tancred and the mage stop and breath heavily.
"Yeah you, you ugly faced scumbag! Come and get some punk!"
The earth elemental roars, and begins to walk to the warrior standing there in the center of the bar. The warrior though, doesn't move an inch, and waits for the enormous creature reaches him.
"You die!" a low rumbling sound escapes the mouth of the elemental.
Astounded Link looks up at the elemental. This is new for him. A TALKING Earth Elemental. The Earth Elemental doesn't wait for Link to resume his fighting position, and deals him a heavy blow. Link flies through the air and lands on a table. He gets up, and turns to the creature.
"Big mistake buddy!" he says.
He runs to the Elemental and dances around it, dealing blows all over its body. The Earth Elemental is unable to do anything, and is heavily wounded. Suddenly the warrior stops and points at Tancred.
"Holy boy! Finish him off!"
Tancred walks to the Earth Elemental to deal the final blow, but just seconds before he can swing his sword, the Earth Elemental falls down on the bars floor. Dead.
"Sorry" Link says, and he sits down on a chair, ordering a Forever Ale.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 07-04-2001, 10:54 AM   #60
Lord Shield

Link, I'm not there. I'm up in space with the other Old Ones battling the manifestation of Chaos
In addition, nobody is in the bar. Read the very first post to find out why

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 07-04-2001).]