Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 02:24 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ok, I'm a bit overburdoned with spell scrolls in my inventory. I have Aerie who is limited in spell learning ("You have learned the maximum number of spells of that level allowed by your intelligence"). Choices, choices. Anyone have any advice on the best overall spells? Is there any way to "unlearn" certain spells to replace them with others? And what about an item that ups your intelligence? Any around? I suppose that would help too. Any advice much appreciated.
Old 12-04-2000, 03:12 PM   #2
ironfist

Buy a intelligence potion, it increases int points by 3 for 3 hours I guess,
then you can learn any spells from scrolls.

Old 12-04-2000, 06:07 PM   #3
Ladyzekke

Sounds like a great idea! Any idea where I can find this potion? Been looking around to no avail.
Old 12-04-2000, 06:14 PM   #4
ironfist

There is a thief in slums (East West) next to Jan Jansen and a old witch
in bridge district (North West) who sells potions.

Old 12-04-2000, 06:49 PM   #5
Manifest

or you could just not scribe crap spells.

Old 12-04-2000, 06:55 PM   #6
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Excuse me, manifest? That's exactly what he was wanting to know! So rather than tell him to aviod crap spells maybe you should tell him like 3 or 4 of the crappiest spells of each spell level... hmmm? (I have noticably mastered in the fine art of bein a pain in the ass, idn't dat right mamifest?)
Old 12-04-2000, 06:59 PM   #7
Conan

If you want to cheat use Shadowkeeper(www.bgdungeon.com). I wouldn't cheat unless you've beat it once though. You can bump up your intelligence as well as add spells to your spell book as well.
As far as the best spell I like time stop, finger of death, and for clearing rooms incinerary cloud.

Old 12-04-2000, 08:15 PM   #8
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

My input here is breach, true sight, and ruby ray of reversal. You can disarm any magic protection with these. Breach for defense against physical attacks(stoneskin ect.), True sight to dispel inviso type spells and ruby ray to nix protection from magic(like spell turning).
Aerie is limited to 6th lvl spells due to being multi-classed do dhe can only enjoy ruby ray from scrolls.
Other favorite spells of mine are inviso 10' rad(now you see us, now you don't), spider spawn(when cast by a mage over 12th lvl), and chain lightning(to wear down groups of monsters).
Old 12-04-2000, 10:00 PM   #9
Armisael

Potions of Genius - you can buy them all over the place. Look at temples, the Adventure Mart, every fence you find, upstairs in Gaelan's house. It's purple, if that helps. Cheers.

Old 12-04-2000, 10:03 PM   #10
Ladyzekke

Ok, thanks ironfist for the potion info. Finally found one in Umar. Must have memorized 10 additional spells! Don't know how I have survived so far without them! Still would like to know everyone's opinion on best spells to use (eh, Manifest?). Thanx for the defense, Armageddonx! I happen to like pains in the asses! dunno why! It should be known that Manifest has helped me MUCH earlier this past week so I forgive him! I shoulda been able to figure this out myself I know. Also, thanks, Conan. Haven't found Incidiary Cloud yet. And Omegadawn, didn't think Spider Spawn was worth a crap. Have to try it. I have it but have never used it yet. I do, though, love those elementals! Fire elemental helps in many situations and an Air Elemental I used to help kill Bodhi (the first time). Once again, thanks! Until next time...