Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 12-04-2001, 09:48 PM   #51
Tholarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Telling us to cheat is a tip? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Tholarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 11:21 AM   #52
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Formations; Use careful planning in this area. Not only will this benefit you in attacking, and fighting but also in certain terrain or other obsticles. Your movements in different formations should always be considered priority.

*\Conan/*
*\Conan/* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 09:29 PM   #53
yoodaa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

small tip: when being surrounded and all you have is a flat wall to your back, walk and turn your facing so that only the front and one flank is exposed. Then change formations to move the character from the inside flank to the outer flank. I run a 1-3-1 (left-front-right) formation, so switching to a 3-2 formation prevents monsters adjacent to the flank from concentrating on the lone character there.
better tip: Holy water -- both the spell and item -- is the ultimate Eye for an Eye disabler. This area-effect spell is cheap to cast and most importantly, will not harm you. After a few HW throws and casts, your offensive casters will be of use again.
yoodaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 10:06 PM   #54
Feanor
Dungeon Master

This strategy will only work where the terrain allows and is good for groups with a close combat orientation...

If there is a group of monsters with spell casters in it wandering around, and you don't want to have to charge the group and take bloody heck from the spell slingers the whole way there, try the following. Get the group chasing you (but not in combat mode yet) or go to a spot on the map that they are moving towards. Get your back against a wall, preferably one with a crevice. Hit the camp button. If the monsters ambush you, they'll be right up in your face and the spell caster will be right there too, ripe for a good thrashing.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 10:11 AM   #55
Jerry Austin
The Magister

Having tried an editor{hangs head in shame}i have come up with theres other ways to get what you want by the replace order,want to start a new party with a ninja who has 2 swords create a samurai go into game give swords to ninja replace sam with what you want...chances are you wont have the gold to buy the new equipment but he'l live and its easier on the conscienceness.....plus at least sir tech will help ya out if your in trouble long as you been legit.
qwert
Old 12-07-2001, 06:33 PM   #56
SeiCair
Welcomed New User

This is my first post to the board...

Use Pipes of Piercing on Savant Guards/Troopers/Henchmen. They have a lot of resistances, but they seem to take pretty nice damage from Sound.

SeiCair
SeiCair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 11:42 AM   #57
scooby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Seems to me that those houses you can't get into on Arnika road and Arnika Trynton Road are safe havens for resting up.

Also, they're perfect for attacking enemies dues to it's wall configuration.

If only I knew how to get rid of those damn leaf sprites!!!
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 12:16 PM   #58
scooby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am still sticking with my views that a bard or gadgeteer in your party are extremely valuable by even lvl ten.

My gadgeteer has only two gadgets right now. But they become more powerful over use. I can only assume the bard is just as deadly.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #59
Feanor
Dungeon Master

You can get your Alchemist to make different potions when you camp if you save right b4 you camp and then reload the game and camp again. So if you didn't want that potion of light healing, just reload and try again.
I haven't experimented with it too much so I don't know how much is based off you character's Alchemy skill, in terms of how powerful of a potion he can make. Seems pretty random though.

~l8er
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:26 PM   #60
Jerry Austin
The Magister

I dont know if its just me or people aint aware of it but potions can be merged with others to make different types after looking around this is some of the recipes i've found:

Light Heal + Mod Heal = Heavy Heal (L15 Alchemy)
Mod Heal + Mod Stamina = Pickmeup (L20 Alchemy)
Stink bomb + boom bomb = acid bomb
Poison Reduction + Light Heal = Cure Poison(L30)
Hv Heal + Cure Light Cond = Cure Disease
Restoration + magic nectar = res dust
Boom bomb + stink bomb = acid bomb
Ice bomb + fire bomb = canned elemental
Light Heal + Bless = Guardian Angel
Sneeze Powder + Flash Powder = Pandemonium Powder
Dust of Desication + Concussion Powder = Skeleton Powder

powders can also be merged though i dont know how many.
qwert

[img]graemlins/bart.gif[/img]