Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 04:06 PM   #1
Lillie
Dungeon Master

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use the protection scrolls in BG1. I've tried right-click, left-click, putting them into a quick-item slot (like I do for the Good Berries), moving them to different characters to try, argggggh!

I looked at the quick-reference card, no luck or I'm not looking in the right place?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. - also I just got the wolf-form-shift cloak last night, how do I activate that function on the cloak? Thanks again!
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 04:40 PM   #2
Dr X

i always put them in quick item slot
and the cloack just put it on
Old 12-17-2000, 12:37 AM   #3
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

Some of the protection scrolls are only usable by mages, while the ones tinted green are usable by everyone.

The 'wolf'-ing function can be activated by clicking on the special abilities button (the one with a single diamond on it). Note that it's quite troublesome to change back to human/humaniod form.
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 06:09 PM   #4
Holy Mage Wah

be handy with your protection spells as they don't come in large amounts: unless you cheat of course!!
Old 12-18-2000, 06:32 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yes about the cloak: is it possible to change back to human form? I thought the transformation was permanent and so i sold it!
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2000, 09:32 PM   #6
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

I posed the same question a few months back -- it seems that if you use the cloak again and 'rest', you'll regain your original form. As for me, I sold the cloak, since the only advantages you get from the transformation is faster speed and an 18 Strength.
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2000, 04:47 PM   #7
Lillie
Dungeon Master

Thanks all! Appreciate the advice

I ended up selling the wolf cloak. My hubby gave me TotSC for Xmas yay!!! Busy busy busy...so many games, so little time
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote