Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-10-2000, 04:56 AM   #1
DaPoo

Does anybody have any good strategies, that don't involved any kind of editing or hacking, for levelling up? I dunno what the general opinion is out there but I reckon it takes bloody ages to level up in bg, and it gets frustrating. I've killed 160 flesh golems and over 250 anhkegs tho hehehe... I've got proof of my latest anhkeg expedition at planetbaldursgate.com! This si a fairly tiresome way of levelling up tho... any ideas ppl?
Old 11-10-2000, 01:09 PM   #2
Loser

you're saying it takes a long time to level? you haven't played gate2.... well, you know what quests give you a lot of XP, main plot quests.
Old 11-10-2000, 03:32 PM   #3
Khanar Tor'vel

I'd reccommend killing everything you come across in your travels. Unless of course they're friendly to start with.
Old 11-10-2000, 04:38 PM   #4
Adhrael

Well, you know the trick in IWD, saving a game in the Severed Handīs garden ?? Iīm sure (though I donīt know) there will be a quest over there that gives a nice amount of xp. If you save a MP game in that point you will be able to raise levels.

If you donīt like this, the last character I made (thief lvl 4 dual classed to illusionist) was made in Durlagīs, with my best warrior killing Selune, the ghost, and completing the first level, which has 3 greater dopplegangers, some golems and skeleton warriors and lots of ghasts (especially if you sleep).

Old 11-15-2000, 09:56 PM   #5
fool

Play a while then restart and import that character ........ but this is cheating too so it's your choice . One nice thing is the others you meet have levels close to yours when they join .