Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 07:14 AM   #1
Grungi
Banned User

im not sure if this is meant to happen or what, but i was happily getting 10-15 hps a go with my warrior chars and even 6 or so with my mage then suddenly around level 7 upwards i been getting 1 2 or 3 i reloaded up to 10 times and got the exact same amount of hps on levelling, whats causing this? theres no way a warrior with a bonus of +3 hps to each level should only get 3 each level, basic maths makes that impossible [img]tongue.gif[/img] so whats happening? is it a bug? its like im getting a set amount of hps now per level without a roll involved, no random element, and a pathetic set of hps into the bargain.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:12 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry Grungi, but that IS what is supposed to happen. Starting at 10th level, fighters only get 3 hps per level with NO con bonus. This is exactly the way that 2nd edition rules are supposed to work. It is NOT a bug. Unless this is happening to you BEFORE 9th level, everything is fine.

Note that in IWD2 which uses 3rd edition rules, this changes and you continue to get both con bonuses and hps derived from 1d10 for fighters all the way to 20th level.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

well yeah it has been happening before level 9, cos started at level 7, but i spose if thats part of the game ill live with it *mutter, curse, mutter*
Old 01-21-2003, 07:51 AM   #4
Keraptisdm
Elminster

That should not happen at 7th level, grungi (but you knew that already). At 9th or 10th (can't remember which), that occurs for the reason stated above. I vaguely recall a problem with that which may have been corrected in a patch. Are your patches up to date?
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:31 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is a new problem on me. I don't recall ever seeing this problem posted before.

All I can suggest is that you make sure you have HOW patched (either with the v1.41 patch OR by installing Trials of the Luremaster). If that doesn't solve the problem, you may need to back up your saved games, uninstall, and reinstall.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:19 AM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

go back to a save (before levelling) and check teh "max HP on level up" button, if you still only get piss poor HP's something is wrong. warriors and priests get 1d10+con bonus(1d8 for priests) up to 9th level, after that they only recieve three, Rogues (thieves and bards) and mages receive 1d6+con (1d4+con for mages) up to level 10, and recieve a set numbet of HP's each level after that (warriors get 3 hp's per level 10+, priests & rogues get 2hps/lvl after their cap, and mages get 1hp per level 11+)
Old 01-22-2003, 06:04 AM   #7
Grungi
Banned User

eh max hps on level up??? i didnt know there was such a button, ARSE!

and yeah happened level 7 with my fights and level 9 with my other chars, im patch 1.04 or something i think, but i dont care much for patching games up unless it does something particularly useful.

anyhows im like level 11-12 now so im not reloading back to level 7 even if i could find a saved slot for it [img]tongue.gif[/img] just depressing to see my big ole warriors only getting 3 a level now