Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2002, 04:08 PM   #1
manikus
Jack Burton

this is a poll of sorts...

1. when adventuring, do you like running into famous npc's? (e.g. when in faerun, driz'zt or elminster)

2. if you do meet famous npc's, do you want them to be important to the story, or just make a cameo?

3. who would be the one npc from all of the forgotten realms that you would most like to see in a game set in the realms?

4. who would be the one npc from all of the forgotten realms that you would *least* like to see in a game set in the realms?

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 10-21-2002, 05:00 AM   #2
Rami Sihvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

>1. when adventuring, do you like running into famous npc's? (e.g. when in >faerun, driz'zt or elminster)

Actually, no.
Because for example in BG1 Elminister visited game and just said something real cryptic and just walked away. I mean that he sould have known enough to alter the plot but didn't have any part of it. Of course Harpers were connected to plot but their connection was a bit shallow too.
However in the other hand it is fun to try to kill Drizzt

>2. if you do meet famous npc's, do you want them to be important to the story, >or just make a cameo?

Yes, putting powerful charcters that famous npcs are, sould also have some effect on plot.

>3. who would be the one npc from all of the forgotten realms that you would >most like to see in a game set in the realms?

Well, R.A Salvatore is famous so maybe it should be Drizzt. Also run-in with some NPC from Baldur's Gate serie could spawn all kind of BG fanfics which set in Sword Coast. Ironworks has a map already so why don't we try to attract BG and NW-players too?

>4. who would be the one npc from all of the forgotten realms that you would >*least* like to see in a game set in the realms?

Any npc related somehow to Bhaal...

[ 10-21-2002, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Rami Sihvo ]
Old 11-24-2002, 05:31 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

if you were playing a star wars adventure, what would your answers be?

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]

-manikus
Old 11-25-2002, 02:18 AM   #4
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Boba Fett. Everyone loves him, don't they? I guess the only drawback is he's dead if you set it after Return of the Jedi. If you get to meet him with his mask off you have to remember he's a New Zealand Maori.

Also, Han Solo is cool and he could well have had other exciting adventures outside the movies.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:57 AM   #5
Rami Sihvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Boba Fett didn't die in ROJ, we have no confirmation to his death and he is alive on Dark Horse comics that are based in movies 7-9 scripts. One rumor is that he was killed in SW3 and Darth Anakin made robotic body to him so that explanes why he is working to DA in ESB. However we will have confirmation to this soon...

I think question if popular characters should be in SW story I say that politic should be just same that in SWRPG. My frend was GM in SWRPG in few years ago and his campaing was set to those dark empire comics. Problem was that story was same so we suffered that story was centered on SW characters so I would vote that you make your own story and have SW characters only in background or "primus motor" of
story.