Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #11
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Default Re: Going Solo

I managed to solo IWD2 a while back with something like rogue1/paladin2/ranger1/mageX drow, with ridiculously powergamed stats.

You could probably do it with a pure spellcaster, like you're doing now, but you'll have to rest a lot more. My class-allocation allowed for some serious melee capability, especially when I used Tenser's Transformation. There were several points throughout my solo game where I would run completely dry of spells and had to rely on my dual-wielded daggers to get out alive.

The combo worked pretty well. I was 6 levels lower of a mage than one should be (2 for being drow, 4 from the other classes), but I easily made up for it with being solo. The ranger level gave me free dual wield, the rogue level gave me lockpicking and other rogue-stuff, the paladin levels gave me fear ward and early-level priestly abilities that helped in the early game, and together they gave some nice physical abilities to the mage.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote