Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-03-2001, 05:31 AM   #21
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:

Why Neb arnt we in a disagreeable mood this evening? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I just like to point out the bad stuff about new things, my curse I guess.
Old 11-03-2001, 05:31 AM   #22
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

And you can see who made the last post! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Where ? How ? *puzzled*
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 11-03-2001, 05:41 AM   #23
Sorcerer Alex

I love the new changes to the board - it will take a little getting used to, but I think it's a good thing. Nice one, Z man

Old 11-03-2001, 05:48 AM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
'nuff said !

But, Dan, one question: if you are "member number 2" who is Member number 1 ? Choc ? Ah, I see: ... lol

It's weird.. UBB6 doesn't have a '#1' user.. it starts at #2. I even went to the code to see.. weird.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-03-2001, 05:50 AM   #25
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

THIS will take some getting used to ... give me about 3 days...
are you going to archive the GD pages? it's interesting to see about 43 pages on the top...

oh good instant ubb code and my sig is already chosen
THANKS Ziroc
Old 11-03-2001, 05:54 AM   #26
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

I love it Ziroc! Now we can send private messages!
Old 11-03-2001, 05:58 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
But now there will be more load-time-increasing huge sigs in all of the threads, also, could you perhaps implement something that prevented any post of less than 20 words from having a sig beneath it? It's annoying that whenever someone says, for example: "Good morning, Jerome", they have a sig beneath it which fills half of my screen, or more.

Well, that should discourage people from making short three-word posts. More often than not, people tend to use their sigs, unless they're participating in huge chat threads. It's not a big deal to untick the box, is it?

Also - we do have sig limits here. We've been a bit lax in enforcing them, but we should start cracking down on those again. Remember that people should have at most 2 graphics in their sig, and they need to conform to a size limit.

Old 11-03-2001, 06:02 AM   #28
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Well, that should discourage people from making short three-word posts. More often than not, people tend to use their sigs, unless they're participating in huge chat threads. It's not a big deal to untick the box, is it?

Also - we do have sig limits here. We've been a bit lax in enforcing them, but we should start cracking down on those again. Remember that people should have at most 2 graphics in their sig, and they need to conform to a size limit.

Huge chat threads often don't prevent people from using their sigs, no matter how huge they are, and how big a deal is it to tick the box? It would be easier if it just remembered your last choice so that those of us who choose not to use our sigs in every post, no matter how small it is, don't have to untick it all the time, and those who insist in using their sig in every post, no matter how small it is, don't have to tick it all the time?
Old 11-03-2001, 06:05 AM   #29
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

It's weird.. UBB6 doesn't have a '#1' user.. it starts at #2. I even went to the code to see.. weird.

It's not that weird, that's normal actually with UBB's; it happened at GameBanshee as well, Buck Satan is member #2 over there as well. Member #1 is the administrator who sets up the forum, and the first one to officially register - Ziroc - will be number #2.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:08 AM   #30
Grojlach
Zartan

Ziroc, something that struck me is that when you make a reply to a thread which is already on the 2nd or 3rd page, that we don't get transferred back to the last page of the thread (with the post I just made), but to the first page. Did they just forget that feature in version 6 or did you have to hack it yourself into the last version as well in order to make it work? I thought we had that feature before...