Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 07:47 AM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Don't worry, it'll calm down.. , and if it continues, you know we have plans in place to stop it.. I think everyone is just so angry over the terrorism, and can't 'vent' it anywhere.. it's normal, and will let up over time.

We have good Moderators, and with them, we can't go wrong!

Thanks Ziroc, I know it will! I stil think this is the friendliest place in cyberspace and I think we have one of the best Mod-teams ever! I guess since we've been expanding so rapidly it cannot but happen that occasionally there are people who just screw things up or just don't click with others, but we're still doing GREAT! All hail the Choc!!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 07:48 AM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Melusine, don´t be sad over the thread freefalling, it shows alot of the intentions anyway, and that people has rallied to this one is a good sign! I think Lilliara when she sses this might understand evenmore now (i hope this) that is has come for ALL of us to read things that aren´t in our posts. As Ziroc said, we are all edgy right now. So this thread freefalling, hehe, reminds me of the old days!

And that alien really looks cool hehe!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-17-2001, 07:53 AM   #23
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I stil think this is the friendliest place in cyberspace and I think we have one of the best Mod-teams ever! I guess since we've been expanding so rapidly it cannot but happen that occasionally there are people who just screw things up or just don't click with others, but we're still doing GREAT!

I second that... If you compare it to other message boards of similar size, Ironworks comes out of the comparison as one of the friendliest...
I don't even want to compare it to BGDungeon, once my "home", in its final days...
Old 09-17-2001, 07:59 AM   #24
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Ha I claim my cake!

Donut, honey, do you want me to send you a nice French cheese ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 09-17-2001, 08:23 AM   #25
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Donut, honey, do you want me to send you a nice French cheese ?

No don't accept, its been stored in the open air for ages, its developed legs and higher intelligence function

Sorry to hear how you feel Mel,

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 09-17-2001, 08:28 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I feel like I'm spamming with this, but just another reminder.

First was this saying that I believe was first said by Voltaire:

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

This is the cornerstone around which the concept of freedom of speech is built, as long as it is done with respect for others.

The second thing was:

Debating is not about winning or losing, it's about expressing a point of view and listening to another person expressing theirs. There is no shame in agreeing to disagree when you're getting nowhere.

The third thing was:

Don't take things personally. Life's too short to get upset about another person's point of view.

I hope this helps at a time when all our emotions are frayed. But life goes on. Never underestimate the power of the human spirit to overcome adversity.

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 08:36 AM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL, Mario I think I've seen you post that about 20 times right now on all the different forums
We should have sticky posts here!!!
But it's a good post, nevertheless, genieboy!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 12:22 PM   #28
Belecthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Very well put Memnoch, if you don't mind my saying so.
Old 09-17-2001, 12:34 PM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Belecthor:
Very well put Memnoch, if you don't mind my saying so.
Thanks Belecthor, nice to see you here, mate.

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 12:40 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Dearest Melusinchen: hugs !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !