Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Minor spoiler question...

It has been well over a year and I've reinstalled SoU so that I can finally play HoU. I am right in the beginning of SoU and have the Mystra ring along with 5 focus crystals. The ring is equipped and I have it in one of the quick slots. The only problem is I can't get the ring to teleport me! What am I failing to grasp about the obvious? Yes, I have the latest 1.65 patch. Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

Open the inventory screen and then drag the ring to one of the quickslots. Pressing the appropriate F key shall then use the ring.

Different method: right click on the ring and out of the options choose use.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

dplax, I've tried both ways. Perhaps I'll attempt again tonight. It was quite late when I played and I was tired. Perhaps I clicked the wrong F key. Thanks for the reply.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:33 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

I've had a similar thing happen to me, I can't use the ring to teleport me when I try to use it through the quick slot, so I have to open the inventory screen and right click on the ring then use the radial menu, it's very annoying.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:37 AM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

When you drag the ring to the quick slot, right click the quick slot and it will bring up the radial menu.

Click the use icon.

Now when you left click on the ring in the quickslot it will use the special power.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:25 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

What he said. I had the same problem, if it doesn't have a little asterix looking thing in it, it's not ready for use.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The reason you need to right click and assign the power to the quickslot is because if you just drag the ring in there and click on it it will only equip the ring. Clicking it again will unquip the ring.

If you want to use the rings power then the special ability of the ring (not the ring itself) must be assigned to the quickslot.