Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-06-2004, 03:04 AM   #41
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I do see Spiritwarrior's point, it's really annoying that the site goes down so often, but I do realize it cant be helped at the moment. Sometmes I'll write a post of 25-30 lines and hit 'submit' only to get a 404 Error and have to re-write the whole thing. Maybe it would help if there was a way of somehow restricting access to non-members - often I notice there are, say, three members in a given forum, and ten guests. The latter are therefore eating up most of our bandwidth.

As far as donations go, I'm absolutely wiped out already this month. It's so depressing.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:17 AM   #42
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Since these forums are primarily gaming forums why not seek the sponsorship of any of the popular game-companies out there? I personally would prefer to see an Atari or Bioware banner here than an ad about the latest detergent or digital camera. It seems appropriate. Let's take Bioware for example. If we all visited their site through here then there you have it. I mean, we're doing it anyway!

Another thing is I would have problems paying such a large amount to a host that is obviously giving the forums so many problems with this time-out bug. It can only be them since you have checked everything and this only happend like 1 week after you changed hosts (I remember it because the forums were down a few days before you decided to change). I'd ask them to either fix it today or charge you half until it is fixed. No free forums have that problem so you're kinda getting ripped off, Ziroc : /.

PS. FYI: Three re-connects to post this message due to time-out bug. Thing is everytime I reconnect and refresh I'm sent back to the forum summary so need to switch pages thus increasing my time-out chance,*Sigh* this is the last time I'm gonna try post so if it don;t work then F***k it as I'm annoyed.
Actually, SpiritWarrior, The Timeout issue isn't their service, it's the Bandwidth. When we run out of Bandwidth, people cannot connect until bandwidth is freed up. And as you know, it costs even more money to increase that pipe, and at this time, I don't think we can afford asking for even MORE donations.. Unless you or a few others would donate that extra amount each Month? [/QUOTE]So are you saying this problem is actually normal or expected? Why wasn't it happening half a year ago? I'm trying to understand if you're saying it definitely should be that way.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:12 AM   #43
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Since these forums are primarily gaming forums why not seek the sponsorship of any of the popular game-companies out there? I personally would prefer to see an Atari or Bioware banner here than an ad about the latest detergent or digital camera. It seems appropriate. Let's take Bioware for example. If we all visited their site through here then there you have it. I mean, we're doing it anyway!

Another thing is I would have problems paying such a large amount to a host that is obviously giving the forums so many problems with this time-out bug. It can only be them since you have checked everything and this only happend like 1 week after you changed hosts (I remember it because the forums were down a few days before you decided to change). I'd ask them to either fix it today or charge you half until it is fixed. No free forums have that problem so you're kinda getting ripped off, Ziroc : /.

PS. FYI: Three re-connects to post this message due to time-out bug. Thing is everytime I reconnect and refresh I'm sent back to the forum summary so need to switch pages thus increasing my time-out chance,*Sigh* this is the last time I'm gonna try post so if it don;t work then F***k it as I'm annoyed.
Actually, SpiritWarrior, The Timeout issue isn't their service, it's the Bandwidth. When we run out of Bandwidth, people cannot connect until bandwidth is freed up. And as you know, it costs even more money to increase that pipe, and at this time, I don't think we can afford asking for even MORE donations.. Unless you or a few others would donate that extra amount each Month? [/QUOTE]So are you saying this problem is actually normal or expected? Why wasn't it happening half a year ago? I'm trying to understand if you're saying it definitely should be that way. [/QUOTE]The reason it didn't happen a year ago is because we've grown a LOT since then, and new members eat up more bandwidth. I've been looking for the problem, and can't find any, and these time outs always happen at peak times. It's for sure the problem. Sucks too.. Being a popular site isn't all great huh?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #44
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

100+ $ in two to threee days. Very good. I think if it all goes as now we (you) can make it through this month. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 11:14 AM   #45
Link
Jack Burton

I'll try and send some to Groj so he can forward it to you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 01:54 AM   #46
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
100+ $ in two to threee days. Very good. I think if it all goes as now we (you) can make it through this month. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Yeah! we did great the other day, but didn't get even one Tuesday. I won't worry just yet though

Old 04-08-2004, 10:17 AM   #47
Son of Osiris

I'll send out an S.O.S (Save Our Site)

Old 04-08-2004, 12:59 PM   #48
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Bump

Old 04-08-2004, 03:29 PM   #49
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL Dungeon Lords and Thief III you Taffer!!!!!
Anyway send you some in a couple of days same amount as usual Dan
Old 04-09-2004, 03:46 AM   #50
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] Thief 3 for SURE--as long as it plays good, and is the same or better than 1 or 2. If they screwed the game up, and 'consoled the hell' out of it, I dunno. UGH.. I hope SO much it's good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Donations are stuck at $176, and we have 6 days left. Kinda getting worried.