Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 10-02-2001, 04:11 AM   #1
DiPrima
Welcomed New User

Has any one played the Torinth Quest for Darkstone on PC? I've played it before and couldn't complete it. So I moved on, but my friend is running into some troubles.

I'm wondering if their are bugs in the quest.
1. Can't get into Bryan's Crypt on level 4.
2. Game freezes when loading lvl 21. (Didn't do that before).

I've started over to help out my friend and I'am looking for any help. A walkthrough would be nice aswell.

Thanks.

DiPrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 07:25 AM   #2
Malleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've played it (and finished), but really long, long time ago... anyway, searching in the DSI forum, i've found something interesting:

Quote:
I'm wondering if their are bugs in the quest.
It might be -- some people reported system chrashes, but that never happened to me.

Quote:
1. Can't get into Bryan's Crypt on level 4.
Quote:
Originally posted by chasm:
You need to get a key, perhaps the miner in ardyl can help. He has a bit of a problem though...
Quote:
2. Game freezes when loading lvl 21. (Didn't do that before).
General advice: delete all files in the "temp" folder into the Darkstone directory, this would force the game to re-generate again the dungeons you havent explored yet. Note that this also clears all your maps...

Malleus

PS: i strongly suggest anyone to keep pen & paper aside, and write down everything you came across when playing a new custom quest...
Malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:58 PM   #3
DiPrima
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the tips.

I've sent my friend on the right track, but as for me, I'm still plagued by level 21. I've deleted the temp files, downloaded the quest over and still it freezes.

I'm waiting to see if my friend enconters the same problem, but I don't expect he will, as I said, it worked fine the last time I played.

Any other suggestions?
DiPrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 08:22 AM   #4
Garnet

I had the same problem with lvl 4. Never did get in to the crypt. Got ticked off and dumped the whole game (after the lvl 21 fiasco)!

Usually when something like that happens it's a bug in the quest. I've noticed that it happens in most of the customs--and it is soooooo upsetting when it's in a really *good* one, too!!!

Garnet

[This message has been edited by Garnet (edited 10-24-2001).]