Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #21
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Default Re: Wow its still here :D

Hi, Memsy. I was just quoting you to somebody the other day. No more MMORPGs for me, though. I'm rerererepaying BG2 and waiting for Star Wars: KNights of the Old Republic:EE to come out. I fear I will be waiting long.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #22
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus View Post
Hi, Memsy. I was just quoting you to somebody the other day. No more MMORPGs for me, though. I'm rerererepaying BG2 and waiting for Star Wars: KNights of the Old Republic:EE to come out. I fear I will be waiting long.
I heard through the rumor mill that they are planning to reboot that game, and may have a team already on it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Happy Laughing Re: Wow its still here :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I heard through the rumor mill that they are planning to reboot that game, and may have a team already on it.
From your mouth in God's ear, as my gramma used to say

ETA: Though actually I would prefer them do KotOR2, as that is messed up and incomplete, while the original KotOR is a gem as is
Old 05-02-2017, 10:59 PM   #24
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
From your mouth in God's ear, as my gramma used to say

ETA: Though actually I would prefer them do KotOR2, as that is messed up and incomplete, while the original KotOR is a gem as is
I'd love to see them run with a trilogy off of it, while they still have access to the license. Despite some flaws, the first 50 levels of swtor is in essence 8 different games, since each class has it's own starting story that runs to 50ish. I won't be going back though, they caved to the PvP crowd's nerf calling one too many times for my tastes, and finally managed to break one of my tank classes. SP games are more their forte, barring what they did with NWNs, or what was possible to do with it, anyway.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #25
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Despite some flaws, the first 50 levels of swtor is in essence 8 different games, since each class has it's own starting story that runs to 50ish.
I really enjoyed SWTOR when I played it like a single player game, sure it has the typical MMO grind here and there (Much better than it used to be though) but the story wasn't complete trash and the voice acting had it's charms.

As much as I would love single player campaigns though, the world of multiplayer just makes so much more money and requires far less effort so unless a smaller passionate team gets a hold of the license, I won't hold my breath
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

A bit off topic, but it looks like Wizards of the Coast is stopping production on Forgotten Realms novels as a whole-- Even Ed Greenwood and Bob Salvatore--both have quietly showed their sadness...

Supposedly they are going to make a feature Movie based in the Forgotten Realms..(HAHAHAHAH um, sorry. but remember the DnD movies?) but, uh.. then why stop making novels? Do they plan re-releasing all old ones and restart FR?

I mean, the last 6 years FR novels have been slim.. usually an Elminster and Drizzt novel, and 2-3 paperbacks. really sad. in the 90's, we'd have 12-15 novels a year!

Anyway, I've been playing a NEW Retro game called Flinthook--go look it up on YouTube! Its a retro 'kinda looking' platformer that reminds me of c64 bruce lee with bionic commando and mario all thrown together, but without looking like a ripoff. VERY cool looking, and challenging. Its and indie game, and cost only $15.. on PC and PS4. I got it on PS4 (seems better with a controller, and sitting in the living room to play)

I'd also LOVE to see a remake of that game! (And tons more-- like X-wing vs Tie fighter) I loved that game. but not really a RPG.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:19 AM   #27
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
I really enjoyed SWTOR when I played it like a single player game, sure it has the typical MMO grind here and there (Much better than it used to be though) but the story wasn't complete trash and the voice acting had it's charms.

As much as I would love single player campaigns though, the world of multiplayer just makes so much more money and requires far less effort so unless a smaller passionate team gets a hold of the license, I won't hold my breath
I took my NWN character building experience over to DDO, off and on for the last 7 or 8 years. It's been interrupted by bouts of "OMG, my next favorite game just came out" and some burn out, but I really enjoy doing guild stuff over there. Lately it's been back and forth between Skyrim and Andromeda though.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:40 AM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:

I know you said no more MMORGS but if you like sci-fi theres an old game still being played. The community is outstanding, absolutely nothing like WoW.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php

https://www.net-7.org/

Oh and its free, they do accept donation but its not a pay for gear game.

Last edited by Lord of Alcohol; 05-05-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #29
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
I know you said no more MMORGS but if you like sci-fi theres an old game still being played. The community is outstanding, absolutely nothing like WoW.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php

https://www.net-7.org/

Oh and its free, they do accept donation but its not a pay for gear game.
Thanks, LoA, I may check it out when I am through with ToB
Old 05-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Good to see some names I grew up with still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
A bit off topic, but it looks like Wizards of the Coast is stopping production on Forgotten Realms novels as a whole-- Even Ed Greenwood and Bob Salvatore--both have quietly showed their sadness...

Supposedly they are going to make a feature Movie based in the Forgotten Realms..(HAHAHAHAH um, sorry. but remember the DnD movies?) but, uh.. then why stop making novels? Do they plan re-releasing all old ones and restart FR?

I mean, the last 6 years FR novels have been slim.. usually an Elminster and Drizzt novel, and 2-3 paperbacks. really sad. in the 90's, we'd have 12-15 novels a year!
Whatever happened to FR anyway? I never played pen and paper D&D but I grew up on the whole FR world, with the Baldurs Gate games, NWN and the whole suite of novels that came with it. I even bought the FR Campaign guide even though I didn't play pen and paper just to read up on the setting. Last I heard 5 years ago they said they were blowing the whole world up, and they killed off half the characters and jumped time forward by a hundred years, then I lost track of what was happening after that, and lost interest as a result. Why did they do that? What was the motivation?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote