Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2003, 07:06 PM   #1
Cing4u206
Welcomed New User

hey 1 quick question. after I use magic, I haven't been able to use it again, and it just goes grey and i can never use it again and it happens with all my people who use magic...how can i get it so i can use it again? does it just take time or what? Thanks

Cing4u206
Cing4u206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:23 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the forums! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Magic or Clerical spells cast from scrolls are one shot affairs. You should be able to recast your regular spells after you rest the appropriate amount of time; 8 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep will do it.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:43 AM   #3
kartetse
The Magister

Howzit Cing4u206! Welcome to the forum!
[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

As Micah said, you need to rest your party. To rest you press the biggish 'closed-eye' icon at the bottom right-hand side of your screen. There are many areas in the game where you'll not be allowed to rest or where your rest will often be disturbed by a assortment of monsters. It's often wise to save just before you attempt to rest in enemy territory. If you have only IWD installed the rest might take days if your party is injured or if you have Heart of Winter installed as well it would only take 16hrs to recuperate.

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:49 AM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

Welcome to the IWD forum, Cing4u206!

Is your mage memorizing these scrolls? (Right click on scroll and select "write magic.")

Is your mage or priest filling her spell slots with memorized spells? (Open spell book and click on spells on right page to fill slots on left.)

Are you resting in blocks of 8 hours sleep or more at an Inn (where your party is guaranteed to get enough sleep) or on the road (where your party typically runs the risk of having their 8 hours of sleep cut short by unfriendly visitors)?

Is your mage wearing armor that blanks out all spells? (Typically a problem for dual classed [DC] or Multi-Classed [MC] characters.)

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote