Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Urggg so i went shopping today to get an apple ipod mini....and apparently no stores are gona be carrying them anymore because apple found a design flaw in the socket that makes it wear out too fast.

soo...
i still need a mp3 player that is capable of working under harsh conditions.
I want one that will not die on me because of near constant jostling that jogging would produce...and the mini apparently does this or so say many user reviews.

anyone know if apple is gona re-release the mini soon? an article i read said they were unveiling a 50gb ipod, but unless it uses the same durable hard drive tech that the mini did thats no use to me

course i could go with a flash player instead i suppose, but i didnt see any that looked really good like the mini does....*cry*
Old 06-29-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Just pick one up on eBay - I had a quick look for you and there are hundreds of ipod-minis on there. It's really no hassle - just sign up real quick, and pay whoever you buy from by money order or Paypal.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Actually, im wary of the problem that they dicovered so its not so easy as just buying a used one.

I want a unit that is extremely durable, reliable, has a bazillion features etc....
basically an ipod mini that doesnt have the design flaw that they found.

So currently im hunting reviews of other brands to find out what the low down is on each. If anyone has stories and recommendations thatd be great.
and if anyone happens to work for the ipod mini manufacturer and has insider info to share on when its gona come back (if its gona come back...) thatd be even better! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2004, 06:02 AM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

try iriver products.. i bought mine that is 256 mb mp3 player/hd/voicerecorder/radio. althought the radio sucks a little. i have no qualms. i remember seeing an ipod version of it. do a little search and check out the reviews.

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-30-2004, 08:56 AM   #5
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

arrgh...that kind of sucks, that's why apple should always make sure there are no errors with their products first, before they put them on the market.
Don't worry, they will soon come out with a new one, and then you will be able to use the money that you were going to use for the old ipod, for the new ipod [img]smile.gif[/img]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 06-30-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well I have a Creative Zen Xtra 40gb player, which is very durable and has a lot of nice features (you can even make the music speed up or slow down!) and can be picked up for under £170 (about $310) which would include delivery etc. There are many to be found at www.ebay.com , they are brand new and I would recommend the seller jc-connection, since I got mine from there and a mate got his there too, excellent service!
Old 06-30-2004, 04:19 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Get a regular iPod. It's cheaper and can hold many more songs. It's a small sacrifice for a little difference in size.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 07-01-2004, 12:51 AM   #8
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

That's true....how big is a regular iPod anyways?
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-01-2004, 01:24 AM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

iPod is 2.4" by 4.1." iPod mini is 2.0" by 3.6 (this is just length by width, the difference in their thickness is barely anything)."

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 07-01-2004, 06:09 AM   #10
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

ah ok then...well I would rather buy an iPod, it's not really a big difference.