Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

What's there to do in Toronto? I mean, aside from the CN Tower, Centre Island and Casa Loma. See, if you must all know, I'm "disappearing" for three weeks and showing up on the gf's door unannounced - you know, a surprise visit(yes, I know she'll be there)... ...soooo I kinda like to know if there's anything fun to do apart from the three above places.

Cheers in advance,

CD.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I'm probably the only Canadian never to have been. The airport terminal's nice...
Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hockey Hall of Fame? Uhh.... I'm drawing blanks. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
If you can make the trip to Ottawa, you can see all the good museums, the parliament buildings etc. It's a 3 hour drive or something like that though.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:53 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hmm... well, I've been to Niagra Falls before, and that's what? An hour and a half? Two hours or so?

Actually, I think one of her friends studies in Ottawa.. but I'll think about it. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2006, 02:04 AM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

If you can, it's pricey, but if you could get to see a Maple Leafs game, well, there's nothing on earth like an NHL game. And though I hate them, the Leafs have a hell of a lot of fans.

Honestly, I think Toronto's a little overrated for tourists. From what I can tell, it's got everything a big city should have (sports franchises, universities, big buildings,) but nothing extraordinarily interesting. I would tend to agree with Goulum, there's a lot of great stuff in Ottawa.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 AM   #6
Knightscape
Manshoon

ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)

St. Lawrence Market

Ontario Science Centre

Lord of the Rings the musical -although I don't know if it has officially started yet and besides it just seems wrong

Toronto Maple Leafs(NHL)/Toronto Raptors(NBA)

PATH (the underground walkway)

[ 02-07-2006, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Knightscape ]
Old 02-07-2006, 02:52 AM   #7
javan
Zhentarim Guard

It all depends on what you are interested in seeing, Calaethis Dragonbane.

Check out this site for current events.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 AM   #8
Aerich
Lord Ao

Do you want culture or entertainment?

Personally, I'd ask all the young people you meet what the best bars/clubs are. Also, Toronto is Canada's biggest city, so the number of concerts there is unmatched in the country. It's also a great place for trying food; almost every ethnicity imaginable has a corresponding restaurant...

You should definitely check out a hockey game while you're in the land of the puck. For a less expensive game and a better chance of getting tickets, you could try for tickets to an AHL game (still pro, but one step below the NHL) or OHL game (juniors - most players under 19). Arguably, these games will give you a better taste of Canadiana than an NHL game and all the museums put together. I'm a big fan of juniors and minor pro hockey. [img]smile.gif[/img] Here are the websites of the Toronto Marlies the AHL team, and here is the website of the Ontario Hockey League. There should be ticket info somewhere on each site.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #9
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Personally I think Toronto is overrated unless you enjoy shopping. You want culture and Entertainment Montreal is most likely a better city.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thanks guys. Honestly, I don't mind what I do as long as I don't sit around doing nothing. So aside from Toronto and Ottawa, is there anything nearby (in that kind of radius or accessable from Toronto) that's worth seeing?