Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 12:58 PM   #21
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Sweet jewel of Draconia, big HUGS and SMOOCHES for you. Thank you for your kind words.
LadyRae, how could I continue to resist reposting the tale when you were so considerate and kindly persistent. I am glad that you found it enjoyable. As to such grand praise as being a master, and awesome, well.... this I just cannot accept. But thank you for such warm and hearfelt accolades. I do appreciate it.
If you had not been so considerate and kindly persistent, I would not have reposted it. Heh, that's what I get for posting a thread so late at night and thinking I could delete it before anyone had a chance to read it.
Yorick and Sir Taliesin, thank you very much, I am glad that this tale has not had the negative impact on you that I had been concerned about.
Old 03-11-2001, 01:13 PM   #22
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Black Knight, had it not been for the endearing LadyRae, creature of the night that she is , no one would ever have even known that this tale had ever existed. It was soley a result of her kind and gentle persistence that I reposted it.
As for you Black Knight, that is a different story altogether. It was reading your fine stories and those of our resident howling WOLFIE that inspired me to crawl out of my hole and see if I still possessed an inkling of imagination and creativity in the first place. Thank you for your compliment.
Heh, like you, I did ponder the advisability of placing the + variables in the tale as you metioned. I decided that since there is such a wide variety of items in this grand game, some of which many people may not have encountered yet, that I would go ahead and place their + variables in the tale if for no other reason than to give them an idea of the items quality if they had not seen it yet.
My thanks to you BK

Oh BTW, no, I have not seen Tobbin's work, where is it?
Old 03-11-2001, 02:53 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Excellent writing Relic! Excellent! Are you going to continue it? Yes, Tobbin is also a writing extraordinaire. He said soon he will start a new story when he has the time.

------------------
Old 03-12-2001, 02:21 AM   #24
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Relic, I'm so glad I was able to persuade you but I apologise if I was a pest! And as much as you deny it, I'll still say you're awesome!

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 05:15 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Relic, absolutely f*cking amazing man, excuse the language, but it's meant to emphasize how superb that story is. And we have to put up with absolute jokers like Ed Greenwood (READ MY RANT ON ED GREENWOOD IN THE BOOKS SECTION) publishing garbage like Spellfire! Your short story reminds me a lot of a pull-no-punches movie like Saving Private Ryan or Aliens, you are able to a) effectively set the mood for your piece with the malevolence of a coming storm; b) humanize your characters (something Ed is PITIFUL at) and c) superbly portray the horror and violence of battling one of Faerun's mightiest species. Your tale brutally brings us all to the reality that this is a RED dragon, a Son of Tiamat, not some overgrown lizard that you can stand back from and cast Cloudkill on 10 times and beat. You know what I mean? THIS is adventure!

Absolutely brilliant, and don't ever be afraid of posting anything like this, this is excellent. Ziroc doesn't believe in censorship - unless your post is racist, sexist or trollish, and it was none of those. When's the next one coming up?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-12-2001).]
Old 03-12-2001, 08:25 PM   #26
Ladyzekke

BUMPERS!

Here ya go Bilqis!

------------------
Old 03-12-2001, 08:34 PM   #27
The.Relic
Red Dragon

LadyZ you are sweet, I was going to let it fade away in ignonimity.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:36 PM   #28
Ladyzekke

Relic - Not a chance!

------------------
Old 03-12-2001, 09:00 PM   #29
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Oooooooo LadyZ you are a good friend! I wouldn't have missed this for the world!!! Thank you for bumping it!!

The.Relic: Please write what happens next?? I'm dying to know. You posted just enough to whet our appetites, but it would be cruel not to continue. In just a few paragraphs you inspire interest in your characters. I care about what is happening to them! What is the storm all about? What relation does it have to what incident 22 years ago?? So many questions unanswered! Please continue the saga... please?

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:27 PM   #30
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

The.Relic--

Great story, or at least a great beginning. You have started something great.....please continue it....please....don't make me beg....please!

------------------