Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 09:16 AM   #1
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ive just completed chapter 3 travelled to the isle and gone into the inn.this is where i saved. now when i go to play the curser/pointer flashes every couple of seconds, this isn'nt right . it prevents me from picking stuff up (as it flashes off before i have a chance and when i hold the curser over somthing to get the info scroll up it clicks off before it gets a chance. if i cant sort this out i'll have to go back miles and kill firkraag over again. please HELP!
p.s. i seem to remember a similar problem with icewind dale but i cant remember how to solve it
Old 10-23-2001, 09:23 AM   #2
tusitha

Hmmm sounds like a graphical glitch.... try playing around with those settings in Graphics under Options.... like Software BLT and Transparency etc.... see what happens.

If that doesn't work, uninstall BG2, re-install it and see. Also make sure you have the lastest patch from www.bioware.com

Hope this helps.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:25 AM   #3
ReGiN

My personal view is that you shouldn't go to the isle before you have completed all the quests you can...
If you haven't, you don't really lose anything reloading..
but if you HAVE completed all the quests...well then maybe you should try a patch?

Old 10-23-2001, 09:32 AM   #4
tusitha

Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:
My personal view is that you shouldn't go to the isle before you have completed all the quests you can...
If you haven't, you don't really lose anything reloading..
but if you HAVE completed all the quests...well then maybe you should try a patch?
Not completing the side-quests in does not affect the general gameplay in any way... after all they are just that... side quests. In fact I didn't finish the Chapter 2 and 3 quests until I came out of the Underdark. This does sound like a graphical glitch.

Old 10-23-2001, 11:58 AM   #5
Nith
Dungeon Master

Waiting until chapter six does affect gameplay. For example doing the windspear hills in chapter 6 you will be facing admantine golems instead of iron golems.

------------------
By what right does this Tribunal have to judge a god -Star Trek
Old 10-23-2001, 12:18 PM   #6
ReGiN

What I meant was that you'd have alot more experience, and you might make the mistake of not doing all the quests before it's too late...