Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 01:23 AM   #1
Keryvian
The Magister

Yesterday afternoon I had two tree peonies in full bloom - for the first time. The flowers were 10 inches across. Yesterday afternoon I had six peonies covered with buds, on two of them, the buds were just getting ready to open.

This morning, I had two disturbingly flat lumps under the snow, where the tree peonies had been. I had a bunch of broken stalks under the snow, where my peonies used to be.

Sometimes the weather here in the spring can be frustrating.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Old 05-22-2001, 03:37 AM   #2
JJ/newbie

know exactly what you mean, how long have you lived there? here in mt, I know better than to plant anything before we get our memorial weekend blizzard -- it just gets frozen and/or broken. we had 3" of snow on sunday morning, but it melted right away, but there were quite a few who had put in their tomatoe plants, who are going back to get some more now.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Old 05-22-2001, 01:48 PM   #3
Draconia

Hi Keryvian. My husband works in Colorado and he told me that it snowed over there. He likes snow so he was happy about it. I will be there next week and I hope it doesn't snow while I am there. I see you live in Denver. My husband works in Bond. Do you know where that is? We might become residents of the little town. I hope anyway. Take care and I hope you flowers survived the snow.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 05-22-2001, 02:08 PM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Ok... I'll quit whining about a little rain and wind, with temps in the high 30s Farenheit. It's a lot better than SNOW! *shudder* Tho that's been forecast as a possibility here sometime this week as well.

JJ, I don't plant anything before Memorial Day either, for the same reason. The good thing is that the snow that falls now WON'T be staying! YAY!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-22-2001, 02:15 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Ohhh yall just dont know what yall are talking about

Snow is a BLESSING in Texas, just last week it was around the 90's...(sigh) snow..snow..snow......
Old 05-22-2001, 03:54 PM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I didn't know it was still snowing anywhere. How much longer does that kind of weather usually last?

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-22-2001, 04:23 PM   #7
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

try comming to scotland! Snow, sleet and ice for the whole year....except summer when we're treated to rain!

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:25 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Ouch!!! I thought Scotland had great weather too. With that kind of weather, why the hell do you all wear kilts? I would think some kind of windbreaker, or something would be in order.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
Old 05-22-2001, 04:27 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Ouch!!! I thought Scotland had great weather too. With that kind of weather, why the hell do you all wear kilts? I would think some kind of windbreaker, or something would be in order.

GRRRRRRR! If someone says the "K" word again....i'll.....i'll....

WE DONT WEAR KILTS! EAT HAGGIS (often) OR F**K SHEEP!!!!

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:32 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Whoa there my friend. You're the one who brought sheep into this, not me. But I guess if one were into f**cking sheep, a kilt would fascilitate that more readily then some more suitable winter wear. I guess I just answered my own previous question.

------------------